Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font Resizing Plugin
I have created a new plugin that allows a website visitor to increase/decrease the font size of the page content. By default the font size range is 8px to 72px and the tags that can be resized are stored in the font_resizer.js file.
in file font_resize.php
Code:
45   background: url('/plugins/font_resize/images/fontsizeup.png') no-repeat;

52   background: url('/plugins/font_resize/images/fontsizedown.png') no-repeat;
ThanX Oleg, it solve my problem Wink
Tried out the plugin, very straightforward. The resize icons automatically appear in the content div itself, not unlogical of course since that is the content that will be resized. However, I think it would be way more practical to be able to include it in the header of the site or the sidebar and have it resize the font of the content area from there. Maybe via an include in the template or via a component. What do you think?
Draxeiro Wrote:Tried out the plugin, very straightforward. The resize icons automatically appear in the content div itself, not unlogical of course since that is the content that will be resized. However, I think it would be way more practical to be able to include it in the header of the site or the sidebar and have it resize the font of the content area from there. Maybe via an include in the template or via a component. What do you think?

Definitely something to consider. In the next couple of months, I am going to go back through the plugins I have authored and update them.
dshaner Wrote:Definitely something to consider. In the next couple of months, I am going to go back through the plugins I have authored and update them.

Sounds good! At that same note it might be a good idea to make the language size switch persistent while surfing the site by using a cookie or something. Saves people from having to resize on a per page basis.
Please don't get me wrong, over the following I am not saying the plugin won't work it is just I had quite a problem with it.

After not being open the page options to open on any of the pages in the admin, I have re installed all the file again and every page blank, nothing I could do at all nothing would work at all.

after rebuilding my site, I started adding back the plug in's one at a time and testing between each. I got to text resizer installed and the initial problem was back ( cannot open page options) I deactivated the plug-in and page options now works again.

It clashes with something on my site, and to be honest I have little idea what it is.