Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn Plugins on/off by page
I have created a new plugin that allows the admin to turn on/off plugins on the page level.

I have included a new plugins_function.php file that needs moved to the /admin/inc/ folder. I have also included the original 3.1 file called plugins_function_original.php

On the plugins tab there is a new menu item called "Turn Plugins On/Off By Page"
That is interesting, but where is this plugin?

Maybe it is a FirstofApril-Joke?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie,

I had a mistake in the code, and not sure why it worked locally on my computer. I assure you, it was not meant as an April Fools Day joke.

I tested it this morning on my site, and it appears to be working.

Dave
Dave,

but please give a link to your plugin! I asked because I couldn't find it, is it out now?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Could you please how to make Page Plugins work:

1. I copied the folder to plugins (there there is no accompanying php file).

2. I copied both php files from the files to move folder to admin/inc.

Nothing happens. This plugion does not show up in the plugins tab.

No show at the page level, either.

Thanks a lot.
all your plugin php files must be in the plugin directory :

plugin /
-- yourplugindefinition.php
plugin / yourpluginname/
-- yourpluginfiles.php and other

Why do you want to copy them into admin/inc ? Have you modify the core ?
Thanks for your reply.

I realized the basic with the plugins except perhaps for those case, when I do not see any sign of the plugin working (this particular case).

I thought I was following the instructions of the plugin saying "Copy the contents of the page_plugins folder to plugins.

Copy both files in filestomove to /admin/inc/

I modified the /admin/inc/pluginfunctions.php file and have included the modified file as well as the original 3.1 version of the file (pluginfunctions_original.php)."

Still I have no clue as to how to use it, what code to put where.

Thanks again.
Great plugin... but unfortunately does not work Sad
For me it seems to work!

I installed the plugin as described, copied the two files to my admin/inc and it works!
When i first started the plugin in my admin area and changend the setting for a social plugin on my index page, I thought it was not working, because the new status for the switched social plugin (off) didn´t show up - THIS HAS TO BE FIXED YET.
But the plugin was doing the job! Source code and network log in developer tools showed my, no social plugin was loaded.
On the other pages it was, as intended.
So, if you beliece in it, or check it in the code, the plugin does what it says!
Thank you for this!