Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide future pages (scheduled publishing)
@Angryboy

Credit goes to mvlcek for the search and RSS support. I18N Search has a hook (search-veto) that lets developers easily do these kind of things without having to do patches.

Back to my small plugin:
- Sorry for the poor docs. Yes, it's not very useful (or easy to use) without pubDateFix. Actually it's like an addon/complementary plugin.
- There's no roadmap :-) I just needed this functionality and I am sharing it as is.
- I prefer not to combine the two plugins. I see pubDateFix as a temporary thing (until GS -or some other plugin- has a true post/publicaction date field). I just don't want pages changing their dates when they are edited (and I don't usually need the last updated date).

The only feature I think I would add is some way of letting set a future date if you don't (want to) use pubDateFix.

Also, there's an issue with the sitemap: future pages are included in sitemap.xml, so they could get indexed by SEs (maybe even if you disable automatic ping). As a temporary fix I made a plugin that simply erases the file, but it's not a clean solution...

@hameau

I think I would leave that (interesting) page-expiry idea for a separate plugin...

Messages In This Thread
Hide future pages (scheduled publishing) - by Carlos - 2012-04-08, 20:20:11