Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A creation/post/publication date field
(Didn't I request this before?)

I would like that GetSimple had another date field besides last update (pubDate). A creation/post/publication date, that would not change whenever the page is updated.

This field would be hidden in the page edit form, but could be echoed (or returned) in a page with a function like get_page_date (with another name).

Some plugins could make it editable (for all pages, only for some...), others (like I18N Search) could support it...

The idea is making it easier to have simple blog/news systems with normal GS pages. (I'm doing it right now by changing pubDate's behaviour with the pubDateFix plugin.)
I second that.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Have to agree I'd like to see this as an addition, the pubdate as it is, is kind of useless as you say for blogging etc..

I've put it in the SVN.

Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
Would this basically mean making the creDate field of I18N Custom/Special fields part of the core? I thought it served this exact function.
Yes, more or less like mvlcek's creDate and Zegnåt's creationDate (or my own -not released- publicDate)...

But we need to have the field in the core so that some plugin(s) can make it editable.
Some ideas for the new fixed date field's name:

publicDate
publicationDate
publishDate
publishedDate
postedDate
insertDate
... or maybe better simply name it creDate.

There should be no compatibility problems with mvlcek's plugins that use that field -- I've just taken a look at I18N Custom Fields' code and seems ready to use existing creDate field and function get_page_creation_date

(Unless someone thinks it's better to have 3 different date fields for: last update, creation and public/ation)