Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uninstall button
Create Uninstall button in settings with warning to uninstall all GS installation.
This will fixed some problem with permission:
http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=302
Rich
I don't say this enough, but I do appreciate the help.
How will this fix the permissions issues?
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Also, as there are no database entries anywhere outside of the XML files why would you need this button? You could just remove all the GetSimple folders from your server.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Also, as there are no database entries anywhere outside of the XML files why would you need this button? You could just remove all the GetSimple folders from your server.

Actually I cannot delete the files unless I know SSH commands. The .xml files are apache/apache own. Plus it will make it much more simpler to uninstall GS.

internet54 Wrote:How will this fix the permissions issues?

What I meant is to not have problem with uninstall when the files are apache own. Otherwise you have to use SSH terminal.

I am not good whit SSH TERMINAL COMMANDS AT ALLLLLLLLL :-))
Rich
Someone could just make a script that deletes all (xml or ALL) files from the root folder. I would never include it with the default installation, but I see how it could be beneficial in times like Rich explained.

If someone creates it, we can link to it from our Docs page as a community contributed script.

I would hope if this is created it wouldn't be included with any installs until it is actually added. This could do a world of damage...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Rich, I understand now as a simple FTP connect won't allow you to remove those files created by GS.

This script could be created as a plugin when GS2 comes out. I don't expect it to take much longer than a hour or two to create and debug. Heck, I'll do it if you remind me.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
You guys are just perfect.
internet54 Wrote:Heck, I'll do it if you remind me.

I will :-)

I really love GS it is the best small CMS ever and I know I did try all ALL of them.
Rich
Rich Wrote:I really love GS it is the best small CMS ever and I know I did try all ALL of them

This is the best quote ever!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!