Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished!
Let me know what you think.
It covers the majority of information my clients are requesting. Unfortunately, I would prefer a one page simple setup, but you gotta do what the people ask for.

http://internet54.com/

Thanks!
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Single page website designs are funny and fashionable . . . I like them. But your site is not worse at all, rather very functional, easy to navigate and therefore very attractive. I like it. Ingenious - Powered by intelligence : )
Yes I like it! Clean and comfortable, congrats...just one thing – in my opinion fixed footer is useless. It's not a menu to be shown always and it contains no usefull information. (by the way it doesn't work in ie6)
Beautiful GS Site... well done!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Thanks guys.

I haven't tested in IE6 as I don't get on that laptop that often. If Microsoft would just allow more than one IE install on a machine, it would help the developer community a ton.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

I like the design, just not sure about the white on yellow colour when hovering the menu.

As for the IE6 testing; Browsershots, Adobe Browserlab, Lunascape or even IE stand-alones (install multiple IE at once). The stand-alones will give you the ability to have multiple IE versions on one machine.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zeg, can I call you Ziggy? (It just seems to always want to flow out)

Anyway, none of those solutions work for IE7 64bit. I used to goto Browsershots, but they became ad ridden and now they possibly got hacked or are offline. Adobe? Combining 2 engines in one window? Now that's inovation Confusedarcastic:
Lunascape only runs the IE installed on your system. IE stand-alones don't work on 64bit. SO..... I found something that made me tingle all over.

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

I installed it on my Quad-Core 64-bit Win 7 machine and it works!

Thanks for the push in the right direction Smile

internet54 Wrote:Zeg, can I call you Ziggy? (It just seems to always want to flow out)
As long as it makes you happy, call me whatever you like Wink

internet54 Wrote:Adobe? Combining 2 engines in one window? Now that's inovation Confusedarcastic:
Did you try them? It actually works pretty well. You select the browsers you want and it’ll start captioning your site, much like Browsershots. When it is done it will show one of them, you can then scroll the site and you can select a different browser to switch to that view.

internet54 Wrote:IE stand-alones don't work on 64bit.
Didn’t know, never been able to move from my 32bit machine.

internet54 Wrote:I found something that made me tingle all over. http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage
I used that one once, but back then it would keep crashing on me. I hope it’ll run smoother now.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!