Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line endings in text files (css & php) going wrong
I am experiencing a very annoying intermittent problem with finding .css and .php template files either becoming double spaced (or even treble spaced) or losing all line endings so that they are all on one long line. I don't yet know for sure exactly when this is happening but it is at some point in the process of uploading, saving and editing through the GS admin 'Edit Theme' page. I am using Windows XP and notepad++, uploading with Filezilla (set to 'Auto' for text or binary) to a linux server and GS 3.1.

I will need to look more carefully at exactly what is changing and when. It isn't necessarily anything to do with GS, it is to do with the translation of dos/Win line endings to unix/linux and back but has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Thanks,
I remember that I have seen empty lines in downloaded files
but can't remember in which situation

for sure I know that this happened in Notepad++

did you check with another editor?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
You can change EOL settings in Notepad++ in the Edit menu.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
This is going to drive me mad.
Your text editor or ftp is not setup properly then.

I use notepad+ and fielzilla, and have no issues.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Timbow Wrote:This is going to drive me mad.

what do you want to tell us?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:
Timbow Wrote:This is going to drive me mad.

what do you want to tell us?

I want you clever people to help me if you can, but this is not a GS issue so i will start a thread in the OT place.