Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie could use suggestions on organizing a site conversion to GS :-)
I came across GetSimple when I was researching a way to hand off a site to my client (a non-profit of mostly volunteers with a high turnover and minimum web experience). GS seems like a good solution.

The site is: http://www.neifoundation.org

Since I'm really new to GS, I could sure use any suggestions on the best way I might approach this.

The site originally was a badly executed proprietary CMS (done overseas) that didn't work right (videos wouldn't play, many pages were void of content, text content was embeded in graphics, etc.), and my first job was to rebuild (same design) into a functioning HTML/CSS site so the foundation has something it could use and at least point interested supporters to. (The project's history is a good story to tell over a beer or strong coffee, my treat. :-)

Now, to convert to a CMS.

I'm going through the Jonathan Ross videos and will tackle the docs, but I think most of the stuff involves new sites or working with templates, and not much on conversions.

The NEI site, luckily, has some common elements, a unique home page, and interior pages that follow two or three basic models. So that's a help.

Thanks, in advance, and I was serious about the beer or coffee, if any of you is in Southern California. ...

Dean...

Messages In This Thread
Newbie could use suggestions on organizing a site conversion to GS :-) - by Deano - 2012-08-24, 16:13:48