Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before I edit the wiki...
I was looking at the GS wiki pages for installation. They read:

Unzip the contents to a new folder on your local computer.
Upload that whole folder with an FTP client to your host. You can upload everything to either the root of your server, or within a subfolder or sub domain.

I was going to change it to

Unzip the contents to a new folder on your local computer.
Upload only the contents of that folder with an FTP client to your host. Upload everything to /public_html, /www or to a subfolder or sub domain.

Then I thought 'Maybe I have been doing it wrong the twenty times or so I have installed GS?'

Should I alter it?
The way I usually do is: upload the zip, uncompress to a folder with the CPanel file manager (and then browse the site and install). Faster than ftp uploading all the uncompressed files.
I can't edit the wiki anyway. I am a suspected CSRF Terrorist
all hosts are different and do not use www or public folders.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:all hosts are different and do not use www or public folders.

True enough. What would you call 'The designated website folder where you would normally find index.htm which is often called www or public_html'?
It's almost always public_html. Also sometimes httpdocs. These are the things I wish would be standardized!
Timbow Wrote:
shawn_a Wrote:all hosts are different and do not use www or public folders.

True enough. What would you call 'The designated website folder where you would normally find index.htm which is often called www or public_html'?

Timbow, I support that explanation. Go ahead ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Wordpress just call it the "root directory of your web server". You can find the Wordpress install description here for their specific wording.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
I beg to differ... nobody uses .htm anymore it's almost always .html Wink