Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All CKEditor 3.1 Features
Hey there,

i would like to know, if it is possible to insert the new CKEditor Version 3.1 with all features like this in GetSimple CMS: http://ckeditor.com/demo
[Image: ckeditor.jpg]

Best regards from Austria
So jea, my idea works now! Smile

Here my screenshot of my edited GetSimple CMS CSS Style and the ControlPanel with the new CKEditor 3.1 Features:
The german language doesn't work 100%!
Hey Manjast

How did you install version 3.1. Did you just download it and then overwrite the current files and that's it??
What features are in 3.1 that everyone needs?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:What features are in 3.1 that everyone needs?
Personally i think that you have to manage differently the problem...
i propose you to change directories like that for GS in the future :

- ckeditor should but at root (i mean inside GS, same level as admin): so for the future releases , we just have to download and install the new CKEditor there ! (that's make it easy).

- template/js/ckeditor, will contain only files to be used for configuration : skins, any specific plugins developed for CKEditor, configuration file.

- edit.php you should use an outside call to configuration file not directly configure it there and i advise to use jquery to call the editor (there we specify to use our specific config file put in template/js/ckeditor and not the one in ckeditor directly).

- make the language of CKEditor using the same language of general settings automatically! (so the value of language in settings, i mean the 2 first characters, to be transmitted to the config file of ckeditor)

normally like that we should have to manage in an easy way all CKEditor future releases.

Bye.
Sharing is human real nature...
@ tyee: So what I have done is:
  • Unzip this in any folder on your computer
The folders with their files can be deleted: "_samples" and "_source" in the ckeditor mainfolder
  • Open the file: "config.js" in the ckeditor mainfolder and look at the code:

My version looks like this:
Code:
CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
    // Define changes to default configuration here. For example:
    config.uiColor = '#F5EDD7';
    CKEDITOR.config.toolbar = [

['NewPage','Templates','Source','-','Maximize','ShowBlocks','-','Print','-','Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],
    '/',
    ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize','-','Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','-','Subscript','Superscript'],
    '/',
    ['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote','-','TextColor','BGColor','-','Link','Unlink','Anchor','-','Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar']
    ];
};
  • Then save the file and upload all the files with all subfolders under: /serverpath/admin/template/js/ckeditor
Before you upload this files, you should delete the same folder "ckeditor" or rename it.
  • Now open the "edit.php" file under: /serverpath/admin/

Start at the line 286. My code looks like this:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var editor = CKEDITOR.replace( 'post-content', {
    skin : 'kama',
    forcePasteAsPlainText : true,
    language : 'de',
    defaultLanguage : 'de',
    entities : true,
    height: '<?php echo $EDHEIGHT; ?>',    
    });
</script>
  • Then save the file and upload and overwrite the same one under: /serverpath/admin/

THAT'S ALL: And the screenshot in the control panel with the toolbar looks like this:
Thank you, i have already done that 4 days ago and works fine (exactly as you have done!)...it will be useful for every GS user asking to use 3.1.
Bye.
And in order to make CKEditor using the default language used in GS automatically you have to use this code in edit.php (inside admin) in line 286:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var editor = CKEDITOR.replace( 'post-content', {
    skin : 'kama',
    forcePasteAsPlainText : true,
    language : '<?php echo substr($LANG, 0, 2) ?>',
    defaultLanguage : '<?php echo substr($LANG, 0, 2) ?>',
    entities : true,
    height: '<?php echo $EDHEIGHT; ?>',    
    });
</script>

as $LANG is already defined in common.php (inside admin/inc) from your settings...just operate a direct adaptation! (no need to have GSEDITORLANG or $EDLANG).

bye.

PS :
- mmm....suddenly what i write in the editor is not saved ?? anyone had that also ? (i mean after doing the changes as indicated by Manjast)
- i have found a small bug i think (in GS), i have installed 3 languages in GS, i have defined fr-FR as default languages in my settings, when i changed to en_US, it is well changed on the settings page if i go anywhere in GS i have all going back to french fr_FR, ??? this is observed on all browsers ? is GS generating a cookie for that alsor just writing in common.php ? i will empty the cache of browser and look to GS code.

bye.
superyms Wrote:PS :
- mmm....suddenly what i write in the editor is not saved ?? anyone had that also ? (i mean after doing the changes as indicated by Manjast)
- i have found a small bug i think (in GS), i have installed 3 languages in GS, i have defined fr-FR as default languages in my settings, when i changed to en_US, it is well changed on the settings page if i go anywhere in GS i have all going back to french fr_FR, ??? this is observed on all browsers ? is GS generating a cookie for that also just writing in common.php ? i will empty the cache of browser and look to GS code.

Finally solved, i don't know why i have got the directories Data and Backups and their subsidiaries CHMOD to 755 ?!?!
Changed everything to 777 and i have deleted the file authorization.xml (in data/other) let me again saving my pages !
I have found nothing on my logs..haven't full access to the server to see... (why having 500 error also).

GS !
Thanks guys!
authorization.xml just contains a unique string that is used as a SALT to protect the login and uploadify uploads. If you delete this file, please uncomment the line in the gsconfig.php file that allows you define your own SALT value. BTW: this file would never cause the problem above.. its only there to be read...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:authorization.xml just contains a unique string that is used as a SALT to protect the login and uploadify uploads. If you delete this file, please uncomment the line in the gsconfig.php file that allows you define your own SALT value. BTW: this file would never cause the problem above.. its only there to be read...

I know that authorization.xml didn't caused my problem but i have just desire eliminate any suspicious problem!
Finally after analysing well the few elements and enable/disable the parameter in settings, i can say that my 500 error have been caused from the Fancy URL.

Bye.