Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with navigation formatting in converted template
Hi, newbie here. Just installed GS, read a few posts in here and managed to (almost) convert a website using a simple CSS template to GS with a theme. I have a minor issue that's bothering me. I'm not the world's greatest CSS expert (understatement of the year!) so if the answer to my question is really simple, please humour me.

The template I was using uses CSS to mark up the navigation elements with a particular background image and some hover effects. This is achieved using markups for the general container class that the menu falls in. However when implemented in GS, the page links all have different classes derived from the page name, and thus overriding those is going to be a right pain. I tried marking the items in my original stylesheet as !important, but that has no effect whatsoever (maybe I did it wrong, maybe it was just a dumb thing to do).

Is there a solution to this?

Original website / GS version

Thanks

Nick
Ignore this - fixed it. My CSS was using two markups for the same thing using the <strong> tag for the second. I tiddled with the menu items to add <strong> and now it's fine. Search pointed me in the right direction. I promise I had searched first, but I wasn't confident in what I was reading. I decided to give it a try anyway and it worked. Apologies for any time wasted Smile

Nick