Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Images don't upload
Hello,

I just installed GS and everything seems to be working except for one thing. I am not able to upload images when editing a page. The page tells me the image uploaded, everything seems to work right, but the image doesn't really upload. I use an FTP client to check the upload folder and there's nothing there. If I upload an image to the default image directory, the image is available to put into a page with the page editor.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve
If you are using the CK editor, the program looks for a path based on the default image directory (uploads).
When you use the file uploads program, you can create a new folder inside the uploads folder and the CK editor should not have a problem with the path.

Have you tried putting in the link manually without using the CK editor?
I'm not clear on what you're suggesting. The CK editor lets me select an image that I've uploaded with my FTP program, but the upload feature of the Files page isn't working. It doesn't give an error or appear to fail, it just doesn't actually upload the image.
What are the permissions of the uploads folder and who is your host?
PS: Since you installed GS just now I'm assuming you used the latest version 3.1.2?
The permissions on all the directories are 0755. My host is ModHost. And you're correct, I'm using version 3.1.2.
I am aware it's insecure, but please try 777 on the uploads folder and see if it works then.
I tried setting each directory in the path down to the upload directory to 777 permissions, but the upload still wasn't successful. Just some more info here, the upload spinner and the upload progress bar show momentarily, adding to the impression that the upload is working.