Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News Manager (updated)
(2018-11-03, 00:10:40)Carlos Wrote: Are you using the same template (Default template = template.php) for the news page as for the other pages, or perhaps you selected Elegance's wide.php or sidebar.php?

Default template = .../theme/elegance/template.php

for all pages.
(2018-11-02, 05:28:41)Carlos Wrote: nm_get_header() should work, unless you call it with parameter false.

Sorry Carlos ,

I ask you again:

where i see if parameter is true or false ???
Forget it... nm_get_header ignores parameters.

(With get_header you can use get_header(false) to remove the canonical tag)

Can you send me the URL of your site by PM?
(2018-11-03, 16:57:05)Carlos Wrote: Forget it...  nm_get_header ignores parameters.

(With get_header you can use get_header(false) to remove the canonical tag)

Can you send me the URL of your site by PM?

PM sent!

Smile
(2018-10-29, 02:33:42)Carlos Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 22:18:28)lesh Wrote: Carlos -
nm_show_tag displays a message "no posts found' if there are no posts with that tag, it would be good to be able to check first so nm_show_tags could be skipped and avoid this message.

Currently you can use a conditional like this:
Code:
<?php
    $tags = nm_get_tags();
    if (count($tags['mytag']) {
        nm_show_tag('mytag');
    }
?>

(I intend to add some other functions to make things better.)

In the meantime, another option is using the News Manager Addons plugin, that lets you filter by a tag, use your custom html layout, etc.
Thanks that does the job.
After checking platinum's site, the canonical meta tag was being rendered correctly in the <head> section - only that it was some lines below, after some code inserted by other plugin.
yes!

it is ok "canonical url (meta tag) ...simply using this info
http://www.cyberiada.org/cnb/news-manager-g

a VERY BIG THANKS to Carlos!

very kind for help!

:-)
Hey Guys, i'm new to get-simple and news manager and want some help.
I have configured everything so that all news articles are displayed in the news section. I additionally want the latest post to be at the front page but found no information about that in the documentation. Can you please help me?
You can use the News Manager Addons plugin.
Thank you, that works pretty well.
Hi Carlos,

i'm Looking for an Option to send the title and a link not only to a rss feed but also to Twitter. Is it possible to get this Option?

TIA, Karsten
Hello, guys! 
By any chance, is there an option within news manager where I can set a date to unpublish a post? Thank you