Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
Thank you both for reporting.

Just uploaded NM version 3.6.1 to Extend with those changes.
(2022-12-18, 06:37:54)Carlos Wrote: Thank you both for reporting.

Just uploaded NM version 3.6.1 to Extend with those changes.

Carlos still not working 'Post options > Select file' and go to any subfolder to pick a picture - no display!
I solved to modify 'filebrowser.php' and put (array) in several places.

if (count((array)$filenames) != 0) {

foreach ((array)$filenames as $file) {

Tom
(2022-12-22, 06:39:53)tomkow Wrote: Carlos still not working 'Post options > Select file' and go to any subfolder to pick a picture - no display!

Actually it is a bug in GetSimple.

It can be fixed by editing admin/inc/basic.php, and at the end of function subval_sort (around line 200), change:
Code:
        return $c;
    }
}
by:
Code:
        return $c;
    } else {
        return array();
    }
}

Alternatively, if you prefer to patch News Manager with a workaround, edit news_manager/inc/browser/filebrowser.php and change every occurrence of:
subval_sort by (array)subval_sort (there are 4).
(2022-12-30, 08:23:42)Carlos Wrote:
(2022-12-22, 06:39:53)tomkow Wrote: Carlos still not working 'Post options > Select file' and go to any subfolder to pick a picture - no display!

Actually it is a bug in GetSimple.

It can be fixed by editing admin/inc/basic.php, and at the end of function subval_sort (around line 200), change:
Code:
        return $c;
    }
}
by:
Code:
        return $c;
    } else {
        return array();
    }
}

Alternatively, if you prefer to patch News Manager with a workaround, edit news_manager/inc/browser/filebrowser.php and change every occurrence of:
subval_sort by (array)subval_sort (there are 4).

Thank you!
Hello Carlos,

when running the newest News Manager plugin (3.6.1) under PHP 8.1, I get an error message on Single Post pages:

Quote:
Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php:916 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php(916): implode() #1 /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager.php(168): nm_update_meta_keywords() #2 /home/user/public_html/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php(293): nm_frontend_init() #3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(130): exec_action() #4 {main} thrown in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php on line 916

Also see http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid73495

All other page types (tag pages and snippets with a component) seem to work fine.
@Hypertexter

I guess you have custom setting metakeywordstags enabled.

Please replace site.php (in news_manager/inc/) with the one attached and let me know if it fixes this issue.

Attached Files
.zip   nm-3.6.1-site.php-patched.zip (Size: 7.56 KB / Downloads: 7)
(2023-01-20, 05:43:37)Carlos Wrote: @Hypertexter

I guess you have custom setting metakeywordstags enabled.

Please replace site.php (in news_manager/inc/) with the one attached and let me know if it fixes this issue.

Yes I have a user-defined "metaKeywordsTags 1".
Yes it does!
YES!!! Thank you!

Will this lead to an official new version?
One more thing, Carlos,

I got one additional bug notification from PHP 8.1 in a context with News Manager plugin:

Quote:[19-Jan-2023 10:19:16 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Deprecated:  Function strftime() is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 152
[19-Jan-2023 10:19:16 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Deprecated:  Function strftime() is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 152
[19-Jan-2023 10:19:16 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Deprecated:  Function strftime() is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 152

It is only deprecated. And I am not sure if it comes from the plugin. I use that function manually on my site.

Thank you again!
I tested the plugin on PHP 8 and saw only such errors.
Code:
Deprecated: Function strftime() is deprecated in D:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\news_manager\inc\functions.php on line 150
Deprecated: Function strftime() is deprecated in D:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\news_manager\inc\functions.php on line 156
Deprecated: Function strftime() is deprecated in D:\OSPanel\domains\gsphp8.ia\plugins\news_manager\inc\functions.php on line 158

Also, this code in the gsconfig.php file leads to a link to the 404 page.
Code:
define('NMNOPARAMPOST',true);

This code on the link leads to a blank page.

Code:
<?php nm_list_archives(array( 'tag'=>'mytag' )); ?>
It would be nice to post comments in the news.
(2023-01-21, 01:13:17)Oleg06 Wrote: Also, this code in the gsconfig.php file leads to a link to the 404 page.
Code:
define('NMNOPARAMPOST',true);

You have to adjust your .htaccess for this to work. See Single post URLs without prefix.

(2023-01-21, 01:13:17)Oleg06 Wrote: This code on the link leads to a blank page.

Code:
<?php nm_list_archives(array( 'tag'=>'mytag' )); ?>

You need to use custom setting tagArchives d (or tagArchives f). See Archives by tag.

(These are not related to PHP8, by the way)

@Oleg06, @Hypertexter
strftime-related messages are not errors, but deprecated notices. It will be a problem with PHP 9, but not now - they are only visible with gsdebug mode on. I'll check this when I have the time.

@Hypertexter
Yes I will release NM 3.6.2
Quote:It will be a problem with PHP 9

There's been no discussion about it and there are currently no plans for PHP 9 any time soon.

From what I know about it here:  https://externals.io/
Carlos, hi. I want to use a slider in the header on the main page, and regular headings in the posts. How can i do this?
(2023-01-31, 01:48:58)Oleg06 Wrote: Carlos, hi. I want to use a slider in the header on the main page, and regular headings in the posts. How can i do this?

In your template:

Code:
<?php if (nm_is_home()) { ?>
... slider ...
<?php } ?>

(Conditional functions)
(2023-01-31, 04:16:29)Carlos Wrote:
(2023-01-31, 01:48:58)Oleg06 Wrote: Carlos, hi. I want to use a slider in the header on the main page, and regular headings in the posts. How can i do this?

In your template:

Code:
<?php if (nm_is_home()) { ?>
... slider ...
<?php } ?>

(Conditional functions)

Thank you for your support, which has not changed over the years.
php 8
After enabling author in custom settings.
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given in /plugins/news_manager/inc/site.php on line 916
@Oleg06
Please try this patch: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid73498
(2023-02-01, 20:40:56)Carlos Wrote: @Oleg06
Please try this patch: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid73498

Now everything is working well. Thanks, sorry for not following the development of your plugin.
Is it possible to post posts in reverse order on the site? For example, if a person has written a book, it will not be convenient to start reading it from the end.
I'm using the Calendar plugin in the sidebar above to show the latest posts. When you go to the page with calendar posts, these posts are displayed in the sidebar instead of the latest posts. It seems that there were similar problems with the sidebar search plugin a long time ago, but he wrote some kind of condition and everything started working. Could you help me with this problem?
https://skr.sh/sIDmqpXMGXC
(2023-02-03, 16:09:26)Oleg06 Wrote: I'm using the Calendar plugin in the sidebar above to show the latest posts. When you go to the page with calendar posts, these posts are displayed in the sidebar instead of the latest posts. It seems that there were similar problems with the sidebar search plugin a long time ago, but he wrote some kind of condition and everything started working. Could you help me with this problem?

Maybe this: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...6#pid49086
(2023-02-03, 16:39:40)Carlos Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 16:09:26)Oleg06 Wrote: I'm using the Calendar plugin in the sidebar above to show the latest posts. When you go to the page with calendar posts, these posts are displayed in the sidebar instead of the latest posts. It seems that there were similar problems with the sidebar search plugin a long time ago, but he wrote some kind of condition and everything started working. Could you help me with this problem?

Maybe this: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...6#pid49086

Yes, thank you very much, again you helped me out.
What about changing the order in which the news is displayed?
(2023-02-02, 04:13:26)Oleg06 Wrote: Is it possible to post posts in reverse order on the site? For example, if a person has written a book, it will not be convenient to start reading it from the end.

Try this: edit news_manager/inc/functions.php, and in function nm_get_posts, insert this:
Code:
$posts = array_reverse($posts);
just before this:
Code:
return $posts;
(line 28 or so)
(2023-02-04, 00:09:22)Carlos Wrote:
(2023-02-02, 04:13:26)Oleg06 Wrote: Is it possible to post posts in reverse order on the site? For example, if a person has written a book, it will not be convenient to start reading it from the end.

Try this: edit news_manager/inc/functions.php, and in function nm_get_posts, insert this:
Code:
$posts = array_reverse($posts);
just before this:
Code:
return $posts;
(line 28 or so)

Thanks, this helped.
(2023-02-04, 00:52:35)Oleg06 Wrote:
(2023-02-04, 00:09:22)Carlos Wrote:
[...]

Thanks, this helped.

The problem is that of course you'll have to patch the file again when the plugin is updated.

Do you intend to use this in a production site? Or was it just for curiosity, or experimenting?

(BTW I think that Special Pages could be better for this job...)