Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different layout / themes on each page
(2012-12-14, 21:52:00)Timbow Wrote: I am going to take your advice and try another 'Boiler Plate' theme. I always learn something working with someone else's code.

The Cardinal theme is famously missing an important declaration in the <head> of the template. It's also a bit out of date now being all fixed width and sizes in pixels, but simple and easy to understand.

Maybe we should remind the dev team to put the charset thing in when they upload v 3.2.0. Or maybe we should suggest a new simple default theme as an easy boilerplate.

With things leaning more and more towards HTML5 the charset isnt really even paid much attention to, its really stripped down and optimized so eventually most templates wont even have that declaration present.

All that will be declared is <!DOCTYPE html> and that will be about the end of the header. Even meta tags are slowly being phased into something different than they were such as using them to determine mobile compatability etc.

Im planning out an HTML5 boilerplate template dividing things in to php includes but keeping overall things very slim and basic I will probably have it finished by the end of this week, was just going to keep it for my own purposes but will go ahead and upload so that I can say I made a contribution lol.

Messages In This Thread
Different layout / themes on each page - by demir - 2012-12-12, 20:40:40
RE: Different layout / themes on each page - by bhwebco - 2012-12-17, 03:00:23