Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bootstrap Theme - Discussion
Note: I'm no longer updating this theme Sad. Sorry.

Support Thread
Use this thread to discuss anything related to Bootstrap Theme. If you need support, this is the place to ask your questions.

Information and Download
Check out the theme out on Extend if you don't know what it is or if you would like to download it.
We are having issues with extend and I added some debug stuff to help us find the cause.

Are you simply updating the file?
Did you try pressing refresh to resubmit it again after it failed?

Can you attach it here?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
@MasterMic

Thanks for sharing!

Suggestions:

- add a link to this thread in the theme Extend page.

- remove .git files, and hidden files like .DS_Store, __MACOSX folder, .git folder, etc.

Template:
- insert a <?php get_footer(); ?> line in template.php, it is recommended as some plugins may need it to work properly.
- use <body id="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>">
@shawn_a

Now when I only try to add a forum link, the page refreshes and shows the new information, but the information isn't actually updated.

The same thing happens when I try to update the file.

I've attached the file I'm trying to upload in the original post.

Edit: I just tried to updated both the version and the file and I got the error ("could not obtain filename").

@Carlos Thanks for the suggestions, I totally forgot about those nasty files! I've changed this for version 0.2.
Its fixed now, we are testing plugins only, I accidently applied my debugging catch to all uploads.
Sorry about that.
(2013-02-10, 07:37:44)shawn_a Wrote: Its fixed now, we are testing plugins only, I accidently applied my debugging catch to all uploads.
Sorry about that.

Thanks, I can confirm it's working!
I just wonder why to submit another bootstrap theme, I think this is the second copy after my first realese, no problem for me, but I think it would be more useful to add to the extend more original themes and not only the same theme many times.
(2013-02-10, 19:27:03)lucamusolesi Wrote: I just wonder why to submit another bootstrap theme, I think this is the second copy after my first realese, no problem for me, but I think it would be more useful to add to the extend more original themes and not only the same theme many times.

To be honest this is mostly just me testing out Bootstrap. I don't really expect it to be that useful. (I mean look how simple it is...)
bootstrap is a framework not a theme.
So they will all end up being different.
Bootstrap is incredible... as shawn said it's a CSS framework, not a theme in itself. After I'm finished with 2 version of my FoundationNation theme I'll move on to making 2 more themes with the other popular CSS frameworks like bootstrap. Bootstrap is used by a much wider audience than foundation (by my estimation) but I like foundation more so yea. :+)
I think it's great to have three Bootstrap-based themes (and possibly even more in the future), because variety is always a good thing and each implementation has its strengths and weeknesses. So thanks for posting Smile
I just updated this to Bootstrap 3. Let me know what you think!
Finger in... Lick it. Tastes nice.
Any idea if the bootswatch themes are drop-in compatible?

I've opened up an issue to address GS/BS as a whole here - the more input the better:
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/768
(2014-02-28, 03:22:51)PrplHaz4 Wrote: Any idea if the bootswatch themes are drop-in compatible?

I've opened up an issue to address GS/BS as a whole here - the more input the better:
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/768

This theme uses unmodified Bootstrap (with the exception of custom.css which can be remove/cleared if you want) so I don't see why Bootswatch wouldn't work. I haven't tried it myself though.

My website actually no longer uses GetSimple so I've stopped updating this theme. I just uploaded the last update which updates it to Bootstrap 3.3.1.

I'll post in your issue Smile.
Finger in... Lick it. Tastes nice.