Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is getsimple the right choice for me
Hi all,

When I gonna use getsimple it is for a site over my family roots (genealogy)

Every person in the pedigree get its own peronal card (read personal card as a new page), it is important to link several personal cards together, is this possible with getsimple.

The site will hold several thousands pages, can getsimple handle this

The next thing I need are several menu's with submenu's, is this also possible with getsimple
Peter Buyk Wrote:The site will hold several thousands pages, can getsimple handle this

aahh, i think you have the wrong CMS for a project of this size. There is no official "limit", but thousands is definitely too much.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Peter Buyk Wrote:The site will hold several thousands pages, can getsimple handle this
I must agree with Chris, that might not hold with GetSimple. Although if there will be problems it should/will only be when you’re calling your menu. I wonder when GetSimple hits an actual limit…
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I would recommend going with a MySQL based CMS. Retrieving that much information nearly requires one.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?