Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Users Opinions Please - Why do you use GetSimple?
Hello. I can tell you what and why Smile

I like XHTML and CSS. That's all I knew (+PhotoShop), it means that I could create static websites only. Then I got into the world of CMSes which allowed me to create dynamic websites without knowing both ASP.NET and PHP and this was the first and still the only one CMS I have worked with so far. I learn Java programming at school, which is not too much different from PHP, and GetSimple made me learn a bit of PHP.
This CMS is absolutely perfect (considering the simplicity).
It's totally easy to comprehend. It's ridiculously easy to use. Even creating own themes is easy. It's very lightweight. There is a lot of plugins that can extend your GetSimple instance. You don't have to have dozens of useless options like Joomla! has. If you want a simple web, it's simple. If you want a larger and more advanced web, you have it just a little bit more complex. But still easy and the only thing you have to change is .htaccess, themes and plugins, + gsconfig and CKEditor styles if you want. I should not forget that GetSimple doesn't use any databases - perfect for simplicity and speed.

Why do I use it? I use it because there are so many good things about it. I can create a highly developed website demo and then create many beautiful dynamic websites quickly. Furthermore, I could learn to use GetSimple easily with its Wiki and this support forum.

What interested me at the first moment was finding out that I can have a working contact form!!! (yes, I still can't program that.) It was really awesome moment. And the News Manager, I18N navigation, the option of easy multilingual site... Smile
What I really like is how people who are able to help try to help everyone who can express the problem.

Why is GetSimple better than other CMSs? You can't say it's better.
It's much much much more simpler, I think the simplest CMS ever. But, of course, the simplicity cost something - it's not as powerful as some other systems, for instance, with Joomla! with VirtueMart component you can create a small e-shop with like two thousand products. But it's much much much more complicated in comparison with GetSimple.
However, GetSimple is maybe the best CMS for little webpages and the simplest CMS for medium-sized websites.

Tom and his mind.
Tomáš Janeček - Multilingual personal website powered by GetSimple
» The little I did for GetSimple

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Users Opinions Please - Why do you use GetSimple? - by TeeJay - 2013-04-06, 01:23:22