Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Users Opinions Please - Why do you use GetSimple?
I use GetSimple for several reasons

1. It has a small footprint. Most of my customers are 1 - 5 page sites. GS allows me to use a "cheap" provider because the storage size is so little and I don't have to install SQL. But the customer can still manage their own content. I like not having to touch a website just to fix a typo or add a new line.

2. It is scalable. Although these sites start small, I know that I can grow their website to a size bigger than they would ever need.

3. It is easy. I knew no PHP whenever I started with GS. I have used this CMS to teach myself PHP. Not that I am a PHP expert by any means, but I can code some custom stuff now. Trying to learn PHP by jumping into say Drupal, which I have since done, is daunting.

4. It is extensible. There are some great plugins created by some really good guys for this CMS. This makes GS a well rounded tool to use with a lot of features.

5. It is simple. The layout is straightforward and logical. The templating is basic but complete. I like being able to take a html skeleton, fill in a couple of functions and I have a working GS theme.

Basically I use GS because I like it. I looked at several other CMS's when starting this venture and always thought that GS looked the best of the small footprint variety. I like the community. If I ask a question I don't get a "RTFM" response.

Thanks to everyone who has made this a great system and continue to improve on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Users Opinions Please - Why do you use GetSimple? - by jay_m - 2013-08-07, 22:54:51