Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Questions (regarding custom PHP)
I am a newbie to CMS systems (including GetSimple)...

Questions:

1.) I added a new page and created a basic table. I then added below the table a simple PHP echo statement <?php echo "hello world"; ?> in source view and non source view and it shows exactly as typed with no processing whatsoever. What do I need to do to get this to process properly? I have to create quite a bit of custom php code so this is absolutely needed. Would I have to create a custom plugin for this?

2.) Is there a way to modify the editor to FCKEditor or another wysiwg editor??

3.) if anyone wants to help build a custom shopping cart module and a custom blog module let me know. Both would be distributed freely under the GPL. I built both for my site and they could easily be modified to fit GetSimple.

NOTE: To the persons responsible for this GREAT CMS...thank you!!!!!
- PHP code does not display without a plugin installed. Look for a plugin from the administrator (A link in his signature).

- CKEditor is new. You can download 1.7.1 for the old editor, but this one is MUCH better.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Custom PHP can be added to your templates, inside components or with Chris’ Exec-PHP plugin. As a standard PHP code is not enabled in the editor to protect end-users to break their websites once it would have been set-up by a developer.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!