Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin panel slow was: Update to GetSimple 3.2.1 slows down admin panel
yes, there's something fishy about caching.
After i pressed "flush all caches" on settings page of the old, working GS 3.2.0 version, the /data/cache subdir is empty except two files: .htaccess and stylesheet.txt. I guess that's what's supposed to happen(there's no description in the wiki about flush).
But: right after that the admin pages got slow just as in the updated 3.2.1 version. So i guess it has little to do with the update itself but with me pressing "flush" in the update process. The update check(wich showed the irritating ok for 3.2.0 i've just posted) starts to fail at the same time.
Even more remarkable seems to me(while i have no in-depth knowledge) that the cache dir does not fill up with data again. I did a test and copied the cache files back in from a backup and everything was fast again - but outdated...

Another thought:
Maybe the GS admin php cannot reach the moved GS server?
What would be the URL it would be looking for?
I could ask my hoster if they have a clue why my site cannot reach that URL(while others can like you showed, well and my home testserver can too).
Or do you have some testcode for me to insert somewhere to test this theory?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update to GetSimple 3.2.1 slows down admin panel - by hd - 2013-05-05, 07:34:53