Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
host doesn't allow .htaccess, site transfer
I just finished building a website for a client who uses "enom" for hosting. When I transfered the site, I saw the "non-apache server environment" warning and uncommented the line in gsconfig and it went away.

After that, I attempted to log into the admin pannel with no success at all, and the recover function password doesn't send a new one.

Php IS running though. As a matter of fact, the website, except for the website root being incorrect because I couldn't log in to update it, is basically running.

Enom doesn't allow you to use .htaccess files, it uses a system where you select which file you want the server to automatically load. When I tried to add a file named .htaccess to that list, it doesn't allow it.

I also need to guarantee that the website is secure, since their previous website was maliciously attacked (probably because of enom right?)

What are my options at this point? I just knew Enom was going to give me problems *facepalm*. I have a feeling that my best and easiest option is just convince the client to transfer the domain name registration to me, and ditch enom for hosting all together?

Messages In This Thread
host doesn't allow .htaccess, site transfer - by djrodan - 2013-06-12, 22:27:13