Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uploading files permission 600 in php v5.2.5 - bug?
Hi folks,

i did a fresh, clean install with GS 2.01 on a friend's server (php v5.2.5). After Uploading files in the FILES tab i had no read permissions. In Transmit I checked the permissions: 600 ! My friend said it could be a bug in his php version, which is fixed in 5.2.8:

"Fixed move_uploaded_file() to always set file permissions of resulting file according to UMASK. (Andrew Sitnikov")
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthr...p?p=221273

He told me to change /admin/upload.php and admin/upload-ajax.php and add a line of php-code after the move_uploaded_file line:

//create file
move_uploaded_file($_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"], $file_loc);

// Set temporary to have the correct permissions
chmod($targetFile, 0644);

I changed it, an the permissions are now okay. I will post this here, so you can tell me if it is a bug in GS or still a wrong configuration in my scripts or something else!

Greetings from Dresden
Tobias
I’ve never seen this happen before, neither have I heard of it, so it might very well be a PHP problem. It’s great to see you have a solution to share though!

If we hear from others that this is a problem they’re experiencing we’ll take the chmod() line up in the core. Thanks!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I don't think this is a bug more than a security issue. Nearly all servers are set to auto set file permissions to 0644 and folder permissions to 0755. I would have him check the server out.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I have also experienced this with both 2.0 and 2.0.1 but will apply the fix detailed above.

Edit: Now works perfectly.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Hello,
I had the same problem. After using your fix, file now have permission 0644. But They are still not shown on the webpage, if I use the direct URL i get 403-error. The file owner is the same as all getsimple-files (ftp-user).

So what can be wrong now?

Many thanks for your answers.
mytest13
Getting the same upload permissions issue with GetSimple 2.03 on PHP 5.1.6 server. Maybe it would be a good idea to include this patch in next GetSimple release?
so you added the chmod function to your upload.php and it fixed your issue?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I've added
Code:
// Set temporary to have the correct permissions  
chmod($targetFile, 0644);
to /admin/upload-ajax.php right after
move_uploaded_file($tempFile, $targetFile);
line and uploaded images show up correctly. Tested on GetSimple version 2.03.