Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website Health Check - cURL ... Not Installed - Warning
Hi Guys,

Just started to test out version 1.4, super product. I have a small problem with the website health check on my local Xampp server:

GetSimple Version

* GetSimple Version: ... Latest version installed (1.4)

Server Setup

* PHP Version 5.2.8 ... OK
* cURL ... Not Installed - Warning
* SimpleXML Module ... Installed - OK
* Default Timezone Function ... Installed - OK
* Apache Mod Rewrite ... Installed - OK

Running getsimple in a subfolder of the root so after editing my .htaccess to suit, all is well. Clean URLs work a treat, so should I be worried about cURL not being installed.

Thanks
Steve
Thank you!

I don't think so... the only thing we currently use cURL for is for Ticket Submission - so right now I think you are fine. That's why I listed it as a 'Warning', and not an error.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I have curl installed and it is throwing an error - cURL not installed. I just tried installing GetSimple 1.6.

which curl ──(Mon,Aug31)─┘
/usr/bin/curl

It would not install.
do you have the php5 implementation of curl installed?

On ubuntu:
Code:
apt-get install php5-curl
Then restart apache
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
HI, installing 1.6 on archlinux apapche2 and PHP 5.2.9
When came to install form already have a flashing "Warning: cURL Not Installed", so i fiil form press install now and no response Sad still have filled form and flashing warninig...

System Linux localhost 2.6.25-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 14 15:25:51 UTC 2008 i686
Build Date Mar 25 2009 14:59:44
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc/php' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php/conf.d' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--disable-debug' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-static' '--enable-shared' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-apxs2' '--disable-cli' '--with-openssl=shared' '--with-zlib=shared' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--with-bz2=shared' '--enable-calendar=shared' '--with-curl=shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--without-db2' '--without-db3' '--with-db4=shared' '--with-gdbm=shared' '--enable-dbase=shared' '--enable-exif=shared' '--enable-ftp=shared' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-jpeg-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-png-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-gettext=shared' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl=shared' '--with-ldap=shared' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--with-mcrypt=shared' '--with-mysql=shared' '--with-mysql-sock=/tmp/mysql.sock' '--with-mysql=shared' '--with-mysqli=shared' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--enable-shmop=shared' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-soap=shared' '--enable-sysvmsg=shared' '--enable-sysvsem=shared' '--enable-sysvshm=shared' '--with-tidy=shared' '--with-xsl=shared' '--enable-zip=shared' '--enable-posix=shared' '--enable-sockets=shared' '--enable-xml' '--with-ttf=shared' '--enable-session=shared' '--with-regex=php' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--enable-mbregex' '--enable-json=shared' '--with-iconv=shared' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pspell=shared' '--with-freetype-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-mime-magic=shared' '--with-gmp=shared' '--with-mhash=shared'

only in header of output of phpinfo() "cURL" mentions.
I had the same issue with my XAMPP on my Windows XP box. Did a search online and found a fix. As follows:

The steps are as follows :

1) Close XAMP (if running)
2) Navigate to XAMP\bin\php\(your version of php)\
3) edit php.ini
4) Search for curl, uncomment extension=php_curl.dll
5) Navigate to XAMP\bin\Apache\(your version of apache)\bin\
6) edit php.ini
7) Search for curl, uncomment extension=php_curl.dll
8) Save both
9) Restart XAMP

When I followed these instructions, cURL was successfully enabled. I installed GetSimple to another of my vhosts and didn't get the blank install page. Once I upgraded to 1.6 I also didn't get the loop back to the install page.
Heather Feuerhelm
Uniquely Yours Business Services
Virtual Business Services
Web Design and Hosting
hi guys,

i tried to install get-simple 1.6..

but its showing a warning called cURL not installed..

what can i do for this..

can anyone help for me..

thanks in advance..
hi sundar,

first of all what version of PHP do you use on your server?
Sundar, GS only used curl to check for updates to the system, so if everything else is working fine I wouldn't worry about it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!