Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
workflow advice.
Hi folks.

I have a site I'm currently working on that requires a lot of tables (data etc.) on a particular page.

I set the page up with 4 tabbed content sections for the sake of usability. Each tab loads in a hidden div . This works nicely, however there is a lot of information in each section. This makes for a page with a lot of code in the editor. EEK

I was wondering if the function returnPageContent could be used in a template file to make it more modular so I don't have to do a boat load of div's etc on the page. Can they be ported in?

PHP Code:
<?php returnPageContent(); ?>

So for example. In a particular template file I could create the outer sections to hold each tabbed content. Where the arguments could be separate pages.

PHP Code:
<div id="section"><?php returnPageContent('fund-information'); ?></div>

<div id="section"><?php returnPageContent('fund-strategy); ?></div>

<div id="section"><?php returnPageContent('
fund-risk'); ?></div> 

Thanks in advance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
(2013-08-28, 01:22:31)lnickel Wrote: Hi folks.

I have a site I'm currently working on that requires a lot of tables (data etc.) on a particular page.

I set the page up with 4 tabbed content sections for the sake of usability. Each tab loads in a hidden div . This works nicely, however there is a lot of information in each section. This makes for a page with a lot of code in the editor. EEK

I was wondering if the function returnPageContent could be used in a template file to make it more modular so I don't have to do a boat load of div's etc on the page. Can they be ported in?

PHP Code:
<?php returnPageContent(); ?>

So for example. In a particular template file I could create the outer sections to hold each tabbed content. Where the arguments could be separate pages.

PHP Code:
<div id="section"><?php returnPageContent('fund-information'); ?></div>

<div id="section"><?php returnPageContent('fund-strategy); ?></div>

<div id="section"><?php returnPageContent('
fund-risk'); ?></div> 

Thanks in advance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I think this can be done. I'll give it a go.
Yes or use a customfields or specialpages plugin.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
It should be getPageContent
Thank you Carlos!
Why not the theme function
get_page_content ?

Is it because it calls the filters and actions over and over ?
Should we add a flag to it, since it would be the preffered function to use in a template.
lnickel wanted to insert content from other pages, like wysiwyg blocks. The typical use for getPageContent.
oh yeah, slugs doh. It seems to be an often used design. Maybe we need a theme function for get_slug_content or something. Probably not, i guess that is more of a programing design.
...or maybe get_page_content('slug')
(if no parameter, use current page slug.)