Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug-In Question
I've been adding various types of scripts, such as newsletter, calendars, shoutboxes into my sites. I usually store the scripts in a folder called, "myplugins." I add the scripts by including them into the head of template and calling it wherever I want it to appear in the template.

Since the plug in feature was introduced a short time ago, I've been wondering: Should I avoid doing things my way and attempt to create a plug-in from of the script that I like to use?

Just wondering if there is an advantage.

Many thanks.

Homer
i think the only benefit of creating a GS Plugin for it the right way would be that you can share it with the rest of the community. Doing it the way you've done in the past certainly wont hurt anything though....
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Also the ease of using the control panel to administer your plugin is quite great! I would be glad to assist you in turning your scripts into plugins if you would be interested (I am still learning php but I have the gs plugin system pretty good)
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Thanks gentleman.

I'm glad to know that either way is fine.

OWS_Matthew, I'll reach out to you for some guidance.

Thanks.
p.s.
Chris, I'm so disappointed that there isn't as much in-state collaboration between Philadelphia & Pittsburgh as there should be. You folks have a great town.
@homershines - its because you have those dreaded Flyers. Smile haha
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hey Chris.

One of my favorite sports experiences as a kid, was coming home from the neighborhood supermarket one afternoon and running into Willie Stargell, Don Clendenon and being patted on the head by Roberto Clemente!

Everybody loved the Black and Gold.
Even us Philly folks.

homershines