Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration possibilities and a few more
Helle everybody,
Not quite sure if i post this in the right topic...
By accident i ran into this cms system. Never knew it was here all the time. Looks very promising.
I had a look at the site and search on the forum, but i have a few questions i would like to ask.

Is there a possibility to have some kind of a registration option with GS?
Where visitors can register to have access to an extra page on the website which is invisible for regular visitors.

Also, are there audio and video plugins available?
I also noticed that there is nog blog/news option in GS by default.
In a way strange, cos a cms system was "invented" to manage articles on a website Tongue
Anyway, is there an easy way to have a full working news section including dates, comments, short and full stories by pressing 'read more'?

And what about a guestbook and an events manager? Or instead of an event manager, some kind of a schedule where is can post future dates for artists of their upcoming performances.

Are the above options available with GS?

Hope to hear some nice answers.

Thanks
Dave
Dave Wrote:Hope to hear some nice answers.
That’s what I’m here for Big Grin

Dave Wrote:Is there a possibility to have some kind of a registration option with GS?
I heard someone was working on an option to have multiple logins, but even that would not give you the possibility to check whether someone is logged in outside the admin section. That’s just not how GetSimple works and I doubt the core would ever support something like that because it’s made for small promotional/company websites and the like.

Mike did publish his take on password protecting a page. He used it on at least one of his projects, and it gets the job done.

Dave Wrote:Also, are there audio and video plugins available?
None at the moment, there is only a small group of active plugin developers and as long as they haven’t had the need for it such plugins wouldn’t just pop-up.

Dave Wrote:In a way strange, cos a cms system was "invented" to manage articles on a website Tongue
Anyway, is there an easy way to have a full working news section including dates, comments, short and full stories by pressing 'read more'?
Don’t you put it exactly right yourself? CMS’es are made to “manage articles”, or more literally, manage a structure to navigate between articles (Custom Menu System, anyone?). I would like to argue that GetSimple does a staggering job at just that. You can easily publish articles, it’s lightweight, and it makes your website easy to browse.

Today’s CMS’es are of course much bigger, so I get your point when you feel like one couldn’t go without some sort of news system. It was however never the intention of GetSimple to have a single page with some sort of news overview. The good thing with GetSimple is the easy plugin system, as more people share your point of view of course they have been asking for news managers.

One can be found here on the forum, it’s build by luke and seems to be a step in the right direction.

Dave Wrote:And what about a guestbook and an events manager? Or instead of an event manager, some kind of a schedule where is can post future dates for artists of their upcoming performances.

Don’t think either of those exists. Again, just because the developers never had a need for it. With our user base extending we hope to pick up more plugin developers so more functions will be available for people to use. Of course, until then, nothing is stopping you from creating a function and sharing it with the rest of us first!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!