Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Changes are not saved
Hello all,
I am new to get-simple and I am loving it so far, although I must have done something silly that messed up with get-simple.

I am using get-simple 3.3.0, I18N plugins (Base, CustomFields) and I am modifying the Cardinal template.
Everything was going fine until I created a second page template.

The moment I wanted to apply it to the index page, I noticed that the change was never saved (despite the success message displayed on top).
If I apply the second page template to another page (not index) the change is saved.

Furthermore, I tried to delete/add components but whatever change I make is never saved (again despite the success message displayed on top). This means that the moment I save, I see a success message, but the components I deleted re-appear and those I added disappear.

I tried cleaning the cache in /data/cache by removing all files (except the .htaccess) without success.

Website Health Check says that everything is okay.

Can you please help me out in understanding what I might have done wrong?

Any hint is very much appreciated!
Cheers,
zxxz
It's possible your saves are being blocked by mod security on your host.
Check debugging section of wiki for information on troubleshooting.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-08-24, 05:27:14)shawn_a Wrote: It's possible your saves are being blocked by mod security on your host.
Check debugging section of wiki for information on troubleshooting.

Thank you for your reply. Enabling the debug mode was the right move as I have seen some permission issues on some folders. I fixed those and now it seems all good.

Note: it was a bad idea to delete the files in the cache folders. I had to restore them from SVN and this (along with the permissions fixed) saved my day.

Thanks again.
Cheers,
zxxz
did you delete the subfolders? Use flush cache in settings for clearing cache.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix