Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website Hosting with a low-cost pricing model
Question 
I am looking for expressions of interest in a new website hosting company that I plan to create soon.

This hosting system will use a different pricing model than what most hosts use. For example: Instead of paying a set monthly fee for a set amount of resources, you would pay only for what you actually used.

I'll be starting with one server hosting multiple sites, but as demand increases, then more servers will be added.

The base price will be USD$5 /m plus $0.01 per MB of storage space used. If you require SSL, you will need your own IP address. This can be added for an extra $2/m. You will be given FTP access to your site to allow you to upload your files etc. DNS services will be managed automatically. All you need to do is register your domain name and point them to my name servers.
You need not worry about the processing power of the server, as it will always be enough and upgraded as needed.

Of course, GetSimple CMS will be pre-installed.

The idea here is that Hosting services will be provided to include only what is needed to get your website online, and none of the extra stuff that's not really needed.

So, to sum up what's included:
  • Base hosting fee: $5.00 per month
  • Storage space: 0 - Unlimited @ $0.01 per MB per month
  • Bandwidth: Unlimited
  • Email Address: 0-Unlimited @ $2.00 each per month
  • FTP Access: Included
  • DNS Records: Automatically Managed
  • GetSimple CMS: Pre-Installed

So, if you'd be interested in a Website Hosting provider that works on this slightly different pricing model, then please leave your feedback here in this forum.

All feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Check out my website: JohnStray.com