Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zegnåt’s multi-level navigation. ‘Menu Master.’ (version 3., 20100519)
Hi again, thx for fast reply Smile

Im new to this.

lets say i have a menu button named WEB and that button have a sub-button named TEST.
how do i solve the mouseover function to show submenu for WEB only when mouse is over WEB? and not the submenu for lets say home button...

Hope u understand me Smile

//Maxpop

Zegnåt Wrote:
maxpop Wrote:The submenu is always showing...solution?
The solution is CSS.
Code:
ul.submenu { display: none; }
Will hide all submenus.

This plugin just gives you HTML for a menu with sub menus. If you want it to fit in with your layout you will need to add CSS and possible Javascript yourself.
maxpop Wrote:Hi again, thx for fast reply Smile

Im new to this.

lets say i have a menu button named WEB and that button have a sub-button named TEST.
how do i solve the mouseover function to show submenu for WEB only when mouse is over WEB? and not the submenu for lets say home button...

//Maxpop

I think that this page http://phoenity.com/newtedge/horizontal_nav/ will help you :-)
@Zegnåt

On one of my sites It was required to create master navigation ( only top hierachy pages )in the header and legacy navigation ( for particular parent-page) on each of the child-pages. I did it by rewriting the original GS functions but it would be cool to build that functionality into your plugin.
thx Smile

tormac Wrote:
maxpop Wrote:Hi again, thx for fast reply Smile

Im new to this.

//Maxpop

I think that this page http://phoenity.com/newtedge/horizontal_nav/ will help you :-)
tormac Wrote:It would be cool to build that functionality into your plugin.
As it says in the first post of this topic, rendering a submenu only is in the pipeline for version 4.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt: You mentioned 3 ways to show menu
Quote:Always render the submenu(s) in the main menu
only render the submenu for the active page in the main menu, or
never render the submenu(s) in the main menu.

How exactly will such options be called ? As a parameters when calling menu_master(); function ?
Or different functions ? I'd like to add 2 more options, to give full control on rendering the menu
Something like this examples:
menu_master(child,1); <- shows all menu elements starting from second nested tier
menu_master(child,2); <- shows all menu elements starting from third nested tier
menu_master(child,1st); <- shows only second tier menu elements (advance "never render the submenu(s) in the main menu")
menu_master(child,2nd); <- shows only third tier menu elements
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I have Get-Simple 2.1 and download your plugin.
When I put the folder into plugins folder this plugin is not appear in Plugins section of Admin Panel.
When I use in my template function menu master and enable debug mode was fatal error calling to undefined function.
How I must install and call your plugin? solutions from previous replies is not working.
Did you unzip the file and is zegnat-menumaster.php directly in the plugins folder? Those are the only two steps needed to get it installed.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
How can i create parent items not to be a links to parent page, cause the parent item is the only name of the submenu???
Okay, I am not sure what I am missing here or if I am just not understanding something earlier in this post.

I have uploaded the plug-in and it shows installed.

I have changed the HTML from
Code:
<ul id="nav">
    <?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>
</ul>
to
Code:
<ul id="nav">
    <?php menu_master(); ?>
</ul>
in the template.php file.

Now the menu shows up, but so do all the submenus, they do not go away.

The use of
Code:
ul.submenu { display: none; }
makes the subs go away, but now are not available as a drop down link.

I guess the main question is, does this plug-in allow for mouse-over drop downs of submenus?

If not, then what have others used to give this functionality?

Thanks for any help provided.

Michael.
GetSimple Wrote:I guess the main question is, does this plug-in allow for mouse-over drop downs of submenus?
If not, then what have others used to give this functionality?
The thing is, the plugin is developed to allow easy drop down implementations but it doesn’t provide any drop down implementation by itself.

An example of how my plugin can be used for drop down menus is the great abacus theme by PRAG. PRAG uses nmcDropDown which is a jQuery plugin that will change pure HTML lists (like the one outputted by my plugin) into drop down menus.

I hope this gets you started!
Can this plugin be used to create navigation more than two levels deep?

I am trying to create a menu like this:

Parent 1
- child 1
- child 2
- child a
- child b
- child 3
Parent 2
- child 1
- child 2
etc...

I have created the parent level and first level of children, but I am at a loss as to how to add the third level of navigation (child a & child b). In GS 'admin>page>page options' when I create a new page it only gives me the option to set the new page's parent as one of the top level pages (Parent 1, Parent 2) etc.

Is there an easy way to do this?

(Apologies if I have missed something obvious, or if this have been covered already in a thread I have missed).
Will Wrote:Can this plugin be used to create navigation more than two levels deep? I have created the parent level and first level of children, but I am at a loss as to how to add the third level of navigation (child a & child b).
It’s not possible at the moment, but it’s not really a limitation of this plugin. GetSimple itself simply doesn’t allow for more than two levels. Some people have enabled more levels by changing around the core files but this isn’t supported and therefore not covered by this plugin either.

Hope this explains it.
Zegnåt: are you still working on this plugin ?
I'm still looking towards v.4 with submenus Wink
I'm still working on it. Keep your eyes out for version 4. Currently planning the release on my birthday, this month!
Giving out goodies on own birthday ?
Can't be Big Grin
hello,

have you finished your version 4 of your plugin? if you need beta test i could do this Smile
El-Cherubin Wrote:have you finished your version 4 of your plugin? if you need beta test i could do this Smile
Not finished yet, the month isn’t over yet and my birthday hasn’t passed by yet either ;-)

There will be no beta versions, the version that will be released on my birthday will be very plain as I’m working on a big set of features and these are not all going to be finished. So once I publish version 4, it will be a beta version for everyone.
it's cool, you offer to us a gift on your birthday Smile I'm really impatient to test it Wink
Zegnåt: would it be possible if during development of next version of your menu plugin you would shape it to allow and easy way to create multiple language pages ?

Or maybe such feature is on GS development todo list ?
yojoe Wrote:Zegnåt: would it be possible if during development of next version of your menu plugin you would shape it to allow and easy way to create multiple language pages ?

Or maybe such feature is on GS development todo list ?

My thoughts exactly! I second this request. Smile
That’s something for the GetSimple development and a bit out of the league of this plugin. As this is simply made to display a menu and manage said menu it is not made to manage pages on the back-end into different languages.
Basing on simple ideas of other users, it's just a matter of nested pages.
Mostly top lvl pages are the language containers, and nested ones are pages in specific language.
It's mostly a matter of more than 2 lvls of menu and a chance to show defined siblings.

I think if your plugin would offer such possibility, then it will be the a menu+simplest language plugin in one Smile

edit: forgot to add one important thing
If parent pages will be shown as flags (thus they won't be shown automatically in base menu) then there has to be a way to display a default nested pages.
It may be hardcoded ( to show childs the first parent) or used as a variable of menu() function.
Zegnåt: would it be possible to create multiple menus and add pages to them in future versions of your plugin ? I'm aware it can be impossible, because GS would need some changes in core of admin panel.
But having a possibility to create couple menus (beside nesting possibility), add pages to them, and call them when needed, using their ID: menu_master(menu_ID); would be great.
I worked on a way to add outside links into the menu through the admin panel, but this function will not be in version 4. Mostly because it was too much of a hassle and wouldn’t allow me to make the menu very flexible. Who knows, it might be in later versions.

The plugin will be using the menuitems filter, so you can always write your own plugin to add links!

I will be adding a function to display only the child pages of a certain slug, yes. And of course you are free to use as many menus on a page as you like. Thanks to a caching system I’ve build into the plugin it will not read files multiple times even when you use multiple menus so it won’t slow you down either!