Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QUESTION Simple Food Menu for clients...Can it be done?
I am going to make a food menu page for a client and would like them to have the ability to add/delete their own food item with GetSimple. I've tinkered with the item manager plugin but I cant seem to get it to function just how id like.

Basically the customer would be able to add a category like Desserts and add a fudge sunday as an item. Then add the price and a description. Then I would like them to have the ability to reorder the menu items at any time.

Is there a plugin that can do that and be easy enough for an average person to understand? Thanks for any advice!!
There is the matrix plugin and the item manager plugin , they might work. Neither is very polished
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-01-12, 12:48:59)shawn_a Wrote: There is the matrix plugin and the item manager plugin , they might work. Neither is very polished

Thanks for your help. I will tinker with it some more. I love Get-Simple. So easy to customize! If anyone finds or has the ability to make a plugin with similar functionality to the wordpress one below, I think it will be of great value for many of us Get-Simple users. Thanks!
https://wordpress.org/plugins/food-and-d...reenshots/
You can also do what you want with the I18N Search plugin. You can order the search result by, for example, menu order, so changing the results listing is as simple as drag & drop in the navigation.

I'd also recommend I18N Special Pages, to allow custom fields (e.g., price, dietary information, etc.) and custom search result display. You would also want I18N navigation plugin for drag&drop menu ordering.

You could certainly achieve the same end result as that Wordpress plugin, but you do have to engineer it yourself. On the other hand, you end up with a much more flexible (and lightweight!) solution.
--
Nick.
(2015-01-12, 16:35:50)hameau Wrote: You can also do what you want with the I18N Search plugin. You can order the search result by, for example, menu order, so changing the results listing is as simple as drag & drop in the navigation.

I'd also recommend I18N Special Pages, to allow custom fields (e.g., price, dietary information, etc.) and custom search result display. You would also want I18N navigation plugin for drag&drop menu ordering.

You could certainly achieve the same end result as that Wordpress plugin, but you do have to engineer it yourself. On the other hand, you end up with a much more flexible (and lightweight!) solution.

I like the I18N option. I do wish there was a "ready out of the box" plugin. I have been tinkering with the Item Manager plugin and it somewhat does what I want. I wish I could grab and reorder items after they are entered.
(2015-01-15, 14:15:29)Rickster Wrote: I do wish there was a "ready out of the box" plugin. I have been tinkering with the Item Manager plugin and it somewhat does what I want.

Understood – but then you end up with Wordpress: 1001 plugin choices, none of which ticks all the boxes (as you have found). So you have to add another plugin to fill the holes, and so it goes on.

GetSimple give you a fine foundation, plus some really useful 'system tweaking' plugins and you can build just about whatever you want from there. It might appear daunting, compared to the one-click install, but the results are more satisfying, easier to maintain (q.v., Wordpress again) and can be made to do just about whatever you want. And you won't find better community support than this forum.
--
Nick.
nice plugin, would be nice to have something similar and generic for GS

one of the catalog plugins might work, with a custom template.

We really need a high quality plugin like this, most of the ones that attempted something like this were made for one purpose and shared, or never maintained.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-01-16, 01:14:59)shawn_a Wrote: nice plugin, would be nice to have something similar and generic for GS

one of the catalog plugins might work, with a custom template.

We really need a high quality plugin like this, most of the ones that attempted something like this were made for one purpose and shared, or never maintained.

I agree! I love GetSimple. I feel its just a few quality plugins away from sweeping the competition. The other plugin I think would be a huge benefit would be a bootstrap carousel plugin. I wish I knew how to program in php or Id give it a shot. Anyways..thankyou GetSimple Team for this amazing tool that appears to be improving constantly!