Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I target a specific page in css based on the body tag?
I want to show a client different header designs. I think the ideal solution would be adding a class to the body tag. get_page_slug is already there so I how can I utilize that for my purpose?

From what I understand so far in my very little PHP I could possibly use an if else to return the page slug but how do I convert that to a class? My PHP is very limited

or is there another option?

thanks for your help.
I'm no Einstein, nor do I profess to be. Just saying what I would try in the circumstances.
Check that your template has the opening <body> tag id'd as  <body id="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>" >

So if the slug is "about" then the html will be <body id="about" > and your css declarations starting
#about will apply only to that page.

If you prefer a class change the template to read <body class="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>" >
then use .slug as a selector.

if you want to add content (or code or anything) to certain pages you can use in the template
<?php if (return_page_slug() == 'pageslug') {get_component( 'componentslug' )}; ?>
to insert a component in that page only.

Or you can just copy the template.php and rename it so that a page uses a different template.
that's just too easy Smile
thanks Timbow
I'm no Einstein, nor do I profess to be. Just saying what I would try in the circumstances.