Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting H1, H2, etc
Is there a way that I'm not aware of to mark text as H1, H2, etc from the editor itself without switching to HTML? I'm fine doing that myself, of course, but clients prefer using the WYSIWYG interface, and get confused about HTML, closing tags, and that sort of thing.
Yes, change line 31 of gsconfig.php within your website root from
Code:
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
to
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

This will add several more options to your text editor, there is a way to create
a custom toolbar, but I am not going to go find the code needed to do so unless
you really would like me to, then I would be happy to Smile
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Excellent, that's very helpful. Thank you.
If you would like to customize this, you can edit lines 264 - 279 on admin/edit.php
JWH Technologies
OWS_Matthew Wrote:If you would like to customize this, you can edit lines 264 - 279 on admin/edit.php
Keep in mind, these changes will most likely get overwritten when you upgrade GetSimple.
I find 'advanced' is too much, so just define the buttons with:
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', "['Format', 'Bold', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source']");
Using http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/De...de/Toolbar as a reference (to the toolbar buttons that can be used).
-- Sam
For some reason this is not working for me.

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', "['Format', 'Bold', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source']");

It just gives me the default toolbar when I try to modify it. My need is to give user just Format, Bold, Italic and photo so they dont destroy the design.
OWS_Matthew Wrote:Yes, change line 31 of gsconfig.php within your website root from
Code:
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
to
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

Line 40 on version 2.03. I wonder why this is not enabled by default?

Anyway it's working well on my site, thanks!
Our goal is to be as simple as possible, so we keep it set to simple toolbar but we provide the options to make it more advanced.
JWH Technologies