Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED CKeditor Plugins (6 Questions)(& switching to CKeditor 4)
Ok, a good rich text editor (CKeditor) is about 60% of any CMS, so it's crucially important.   There's a wealth of great plugins at the CKeditor site.   But... 14 hours later, I'm still having trouble getting any of them or their configs to work!  
1:   - - One problem is the contradictory, minimal docs on how to install.
I put them in their plugin folder:  \admin\template\js\ckeditor\plugins
then I go to \ckeditor\config.js  and, as per the docs, enter for example the great 'autogrow' plugin:
config.extraPlugins = 'autogrow';  
But, it fails with any plugin!  However I figured out a hack that sometimes works:   I go to:  \ckeditor\ckeditor.js, do a search through 1000s of jumbled  (no whitespace!) lines of code for:  'extraPlugins' and put this:  extraPlugins:'autogrow',
That works on this plugin.  Not on other plugins. 
- - -
2. - - What format to add multible plugins here?  I think it is:  extraPlugins:'autogrow,textselection,autocorrect',
But nothing works.
- - -
3. - -   I haven't yet found other plugins that work.  (can anyone reocmmedn ones that work, just for testing sake?)  Part of the problem is the CKeditor site only lists plugin versions for CKE v4+.    And GetSimple uses the ancient 3+.  I need these plugins now, now a year from now.   Being open source, the old versions SHOULD be available on some archive site, but googling I couldn't find them.  Anyone know?
- - -
4.   - - So, okay, I try the GSCkePatch of Shawn, to update CK to v4.   But the patch really confuses me.  It puts a whole new, 2nd CKeditor in the GS plugin folder:   sitename\plugins\GSCkePatch\js\ckeditor
Now we have 2 sets of config.js and ckeditor.js files, etc.  Which ones to edit?  Well, I tried editing one, then the other.  Nothing worked.  Not even the autogrow plugin this time.   So I disabled the patch.
- - -
5.   - - Ok, I'd really rather just download the new CKeditor v4.4 and copy it into/over the original GS folder:  \admin\template\js\ckeditor
Then make any necessary changes that you recommend here.   Can that work?  I really HOPE!   Any recommendations?
- - -
6: - - And lastly, CKeditor allws changing the default 'strong' tag to 'b' tag, according to its documentation here: http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/api/CKEDITOR.config
by typing this:
  config.coreStyles_bold = { element: 'b', overrides: 'strong' };
So I put that line in getsimple's ckeditor's config.js file, (again just before the comment areas saying not to edit below).  But nothing happens.  Am I doing something wrong?
- - well...
Thanks much for any and all help.  
————————

Messages In This Thread
CKeditor Plugins (6 Questions)(& switching to CKeditor 4) - by Arugula - 2016-09-08, 16:34:34