Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy Living Massage
Built my first site, a quick one, for a local Michigan masseuse. Go easy on me, I'm still new to a lot of this Smile

http://www.healthylivingmassage.net/
Oh, and before anyone says anything about the colors, she gave me a brochure with those same purples and greens and said she wanted the site to match. Critique me on anything but that Smile
Green and purple can be a nice combination... Looks good.

Did the brochure had text in Comic Sans? (you wanted some criticism...)
};-)
Haha. No, it didn't, but a site-wide Verdana looked really blocky and professional. Not warm at all. So I opted for Sans. Any suggestions for an alternative?
xd1936 Wrote:Any suggestions for an alternative?
How about this: anything.

If you want to stick with conventional fonts, at the right sizes I always love Georgia. Even Times can be used for the greatest things.

The thing with Comic Sans, and why it was obviously going to be the first point of criticism you were going to get, is that designers developed a hatred for it. There are websites out there to ban the font, it has made Gizmodo’s List Of “Regrettable Tech Inventions” (article on FontFeed). Sometimes the font is used in the typography world to emphasise how bad something is, very clearly portrait on Joe Clark’s Captioning Sucks! (More about the font choice on their page about the design.)

Completely something else. I thought the website loaded pretty slow. I ran Google’s Page Speed on it and it tells me most of your images could save over 90% in size! Think about how much that could speed up the website and how much bandwidth it might save you.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Alrighty. Thanks