Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create New Page From 404 "Page Not Found" Error
(2017-09-22, 09:24:43)shawn_a Wrote: This is default behavior built into gs already, why would you need a plugin?

The instructions are already in the wiki....

So, before I started this, I did a forum and plugin search for "404", "missing page", "page
missing", "page not found" and there was no satisfactory search returns. I also requested
information about this in a forum comment. It seems no-one knew. How would someone
know it was in the Wiki?

Are you saying the default behavior is to allow an Admin user the option to create a new page???
I don't think so...

I just installed/updated the latest GS on 3 sites and it did not do this? Nor did it provide a
404.xml in the pages directory. It seems to me the problem would be at least half solved if
there was a default 404.xml in the pages directory.

A little information in the header comment would be a big help. But I don't think
(maybe I am wrong) that GS allows PHP code in the XML file? PHP code is necessary in order
to create the new page link. Which brings us back to a plugin?

If I am wrong, then please supply a simple 404.xml with the create new page link (only for admins)
that takes you to a admin page with the page name already filled in. This is the beauty of Dmitry's solution.
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Messages In This Thread
RE: Create New Page From 404 "Page Not Found" Error - by jwzumwalt - 2017-09-22, 11:12:13