Server Requirements and Apache Modules
- UNIX/Linux host
- PHP 5.2+
- Apache - See below for modules used
- No MySQL, No Database needed
- Windows hosting has been tested successfully, with minor limitations.
- Nginx working (tested on Debian Lenny and Squeeze) with minor tweaks.
Apache & PHP: Required Modules
Absolutely Required Modules
- SimpleXML - This module is necessary as GetSimple relies on XML to store it's data.
- If you do not have this installed, you will not be able to use GetSimple.
Important but not Absolutely Required Modules
- As of GS v3.1, if you do not have this installed, your backups will try to use the zlib library (it will create .tar.gz files instead of .zip)
- Curl - Curl is needed to connect to our API to check for GetSimple updates.
- This means: you don't really need it, but if you want to install it, see here. (Debian install via apt-get install php5-curl)
- GD Library - This module is needed in order to create thumbnails on uploaded images.
Back to the GetSimple Wiki Contents Page