Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-level navigation and easy menu definition
The I18N plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/) offers an easy-to-use multi-level navigation and a much improved admin interface for defining the hierarchical structure of a site (and the menu navigation).

Features

Nearly any kind of navigation should be realizable with this plugin, e.g.:
  • Hierarchical menu in the side bar - only the current page and its parents are expanded
  • Hierarchical menu in the side bar - all pages are expanded
  • Top menu bar and remaining levels in the side bar
  • Top menu bar with pull down menus, pulldown menus and further level also in side bar

Improved admin interface:
  • Select the parent page from a "hierarchical" list
  • Select the position in the menu in a list with all sibling pages (instead of having a cryptical priority select)
  • Allow more than one level and prevent loops in hierarchy
  • New in version 1.0: Rearrange your pages with drag and drop in the new Navigation Structure view
  • New in version 1.0: Compatible with GetSimple 3.0
  • New in version 1.1: Change menu texts (all languages) in navigation structure view
  • New in version 1.2: Supports external links
  • New in version 1.3: Option to only show menu items existing in the current language
  • New in version 1.4: Additional css classes for menu items with children

Interesting topics:
For more information and examples see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net.

Example for a top menu and a side bar navigation implemented with I18N (the styling must be specified via CSS):

[Image: i18n-top-left.png]

The improved admin interface:

[Image: i18n-parent.png]

[Image: i18n-insert-after.png]
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.

Messages In This Thread
Multi-level navigation and easy menu definition - by mvlcek - 2011-01-18, 08:29:41