Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Updating GetSimple to the Community Edition
(2023-01-18, 23:48:34)Hypertexter Wrote: I have two entries for I18N in my plugins tab: "I18N Base" and "I18N".

They both were on "Version 3.3.1". But now they are on version 3.3.1 which is a different version 3.3.1. And now my site is one step further: more page content than before!

Really: publishing plugins with the same version number as existing ones, but having a different content, is no-go.

Now I can use the Cardinal theme under PHP 8.1, seems like error-free. But my problem is: I use Innovation theme, which seems to not achieve anything on my page. I can see the content without any formatting.

But since I have some custom changes in header.php and footer.php, I cannot simply replace the whole theme.

So I tried to find out what is the difference between Innovation theme in my installation and Innovation theme in the 3.3.18 CE complete download package, but I failed.

Do you know where exactly in the Innovation theme did the PHP accomodations take place?

Glad to hear you are getting closer to having everything working.

Regarding version numbers, sorry, this is just the way it is for the time being. The original authors are no longer maintaining their creations at the moment, even if we did change the version number, if at a later date the GS repo received an update, it could also end up being the same number. At the moment, if it is on the CE page, it is the newer version.

The theme only had a minor change to move the Google font to local.
If you are talking about the Innovation Plugin, that has had a larger update. You can download this report witch shows a file comparison of change made: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/tgbZC0dA#link

Hope this helps

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating GetSimple to the Community Edition - by islander - 2023-01-19, 00:13:22