Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phpEasyVCS - simple version control, pure PHP, no database, WebDAV
sal Wrote:Very nice.

Am I correct in thinking you mount this with WebDAV and work out of there? The only problem I find with this process is the delay, sometimes several seconds, upon saving files. Is there a better way to work locally and lazily sync using phpEasyVCS, similar to how it works with Dropbox, etc.?

I'm using it like a version control system or as backup for small projects: copy everything from remote to local, work with it, copy it back - if the file was changed, phpEasyVCS will create a new version on the server, otherwise it doesn't change the server file.

You can use any synchronization tool supporting WebDAV to sync local and remote files. Or use a tool to mount the WebDAV as drive and use any synchronization tool.

I might create an Eclipse plugin (like the CVS or SVN plugins) to synchronize projects - have to check though how difficult this is.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.

Messages In This Thread
phpEasyVCS - simple version control, pure PHP, no database, WebDAV - by mvlcek - 2012-08-06, 16:56:04