Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading 3.0 to 3.1 ! Are there special instructions ?
Carlos Wrote:AFAIK only a couple things to take into account when upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1:

1. By default GS 3.1 now has GSDONOTPING enabled. Unless you do the following change, your upgraded site will generate the sitemap and ping search engines automatically when you save a page.

To avoid this, edit gsconfig.php and change:
Code:
#define('GSDONOTPING', 1);
to:

Code:
define('GSDONOTPING', 1);

2. By default GS 3.1 now loads javascript code from an external source (googleapis.com) instead of locally. If you want to force it to use the local copies, edit gsconfig.php and insert somewhere (better near the end of the file) this:
Code:
# Disable loading of external CDN versions of scripts (jQuery/jQueryUI)
define("GSNOCDN",true);

Hi Carlos.

It seems this option is ONLY for not pinging search engines, but sitemap.xml is always generated when a change is made in any page.

Even if I have
Code:
define('GSDONOTPING', 1);
in gsconfig, everytime I change a page, the sitemap is updated... is it possible to avoid a new sitemap generation when updating a page?... I see no option for that and my problem is that I'm using the I18N plugin and the sitemap is badly formated if done automatically.

Cheers from Barcelona,
Lluis

Messages In This Thread
Upgrading 3.0 to 3.1 ! Are there special instructions ? - by lbordas - 2012-03-30, 00:09:07