Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Why are components under 'Theme' tab
(2016-11-30, 20:23:05)datiswous Wrote: Component code you place inside of the theme. If you switch theme this code is not automatically in your new theme. If you use dynpages plugin you can place components in your pages, but this is not default behaviour.
http://get-simple.info/wiki/components

I haven't observed components to be theme-specific, but then again I use dynpages. I'll try to verify your claim by deactivating the dynpages plugin and see how that affects the visibility of components across themes.

But anyway, I feel in an ideal world, there is a place for both approaches
- a site could conceivably contain components, php, javascript, even a few styles, that aren't part of any theme, but are site-wide (having to do with content, e.g., the logic of a form is not presentation and should not be theme dependent);
- each theme could conceivably contain its own components, php, javascript, and certainly many styles (having to do with presentation)

It would be interesting to know where the javascript and styles should optimally be placed for the site-wide, i.e., theme-independent, page content dependent stuff. 
In particular, adding to <head> would need the GetSimple engine to automatically include something (e.g., a standard component) that the content designer can provide.

Maybe if I weren't such a newbie in GetSimple land, I would know the answers, so please excuse my frivolous questions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are components under 'Theme' tab - by vanfruniken - 2016-12-01, 01:35:46