Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image upload failures after server PHP update
(2017-04-25, 21:51:43)hameau Wrote: Oh, my! What have you inherited? (Aside: if you wrap code with the tags [ code ] ... [ /code ] – leave out the spaces – you get a much more readable result.)

If you haven't already, make a full backup of what you have at the moment (e.g., ftp to your computer).

That sa_welcome.php file is clearly a hacked-together plugin to provide custom tabs for managing litters, but without much finesse. At least remove the closing php tag at the end of the file and change the plugin name and description to something relevant.

You have two versions of the Item(s) Manager, which is unlikely to be a good thing. Disable one of them (probably the older one – but you may not be able to go back).

Disable non-essential plugins:
  • Custom Admin CSS
  • (Innovation theme plugin – depending on the theme requirements, you may have to enable this again)
  • SA PageTime Plugin
  • Theme Highlighter
You still have a couple of outdated plugins, so bring those up to date.

I have no experience of the Items Manager plugins, so I can't help you there. I don't know what the implications are of having two versions installed.

If this site were my responsibility, I'd look at migrating the existing content to a fresh installation of GS, but there may be other customisations under the skin, so it's going to be a risky business. Good luck!

@Bigin: those lines are already in the file.

Edit to add: Crossed with Shawn's post. @shawn_a: how could you! ;P

(2017-04-25, 22:07:57)shawn_a Wrote: Did you try just turning off php errors display? Or did you enable them to debug the actual issue? Errors rather notices and warnings are not errors but they will break cookies and ajax if you have them enables on production sites

(2017-04-26, 04:01:07)shawn_a Wrote: headers were output by a php warning, you can fix it, but its not the cause of the problem, one does not need to fix every php notice and warning, they are not errors, they are verbose debugging for development. Turn php error dispaly off on production websites, it should never be on period.

If you have the time to resolve all warnings and notices then do so, but it is not an error condition typically. I am more interested in finding the main errors, and working backwards from there. The rest is noise.

NOTES about site
but as said, do NOT upgrade plugins, you will definitely break something, not sure which ones are modified, I do know item manager was my custom version made specifically for this site.

Also your site uses a custom gs loader, to load GS into an external site, basically a stripped down customized version of index.php for including into the main site static html. ( GS does not support this natively in 3.3.x version, planned for future though )

disable debug mode, see what errors you get when uploading in console, i am also curious about that JS fatal error

if you want to shut up the notice
add
Code:
$SA_PLUGIN_ID = "";
I do not think $SA_PLUGINPATH is actually used, maybe check though.
no idea how I left that in there not defined.

All debugging and error display are off.  Errors are only visible with the browser's "developer" option. Save for the indication that the file upload "failed."  The "item_manager.php" code has been reverted to the older/original one.  
The "errors" first start when"add a kitten" is clicked. 
[Image: AddKittenError.jpg]
Then additional messages/warnings appear when the file (image) is uploaded.
[Image: uploadmessages.jpg]
At that point, the process is essentially dead.  The image, in reality, has been uploaded, but the "New Item" creation process has failed. 

My "best guess" at this point is that when the hosting company did an update to php (and other services?) some bit or bits of code was/were depreciated.  Frankly, I have no idea of exactly what is wrong and I'm quite frustrated since I had hoped it might be a simple fix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Image upload failures after server PHP update - by gsimon - 2017-04-26, 06:40:27