Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My own website
Hello guys!
I've just created a small website for myself powered by GetSimple of course Smile

http://malerczyk.info

It's still somehow in test mode but i consider it as "done".
Im using GS 3.1.2 with my custom plugin for the whole portfolio part.
Kick ass, very nice
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
And a few screens from the admin panel if anyone is interested Smile

Images list
[Image: portfolio00.th.jpg]

Edit image
[Image: portfolio01s.th.jpg]

Edit album
[Image: portfolio03.th.jpg]

Create album
[Image: portfolio02.th.jpg]

The plugin is a bit raw but hey, it works Big Grin
Hi,
great visual rendering for the site.
The plugin is downloadable to test it or is it "private"?
(2012-11-17, 16:31:29)jlm Wrote: Hi,
great visual rendering for the site.
The plugin is downloadable to test it or is it "private"?

The code of the plugin is too messy to be show to public. Most of the front-end part is done in JavaScript so theres no much options for any customization right now. And, as you can see on the screenshots its not exactly multilingual apart from english/polish.

So for now its 'private'.
Your site is really neat - excellent!

I couldn't escape from the contact page - no link to home, no back button, Refresh was the only way out. Also was I supposed to get sound on your splash page? there was a speaker icon but I heard nothing.

Good Work!
(2012-11-17, 21:44:25)Timbow Wrote: Your site is really neat - excellent!

I couldn't escape from the contact page - no link to home, no back button, Refresh was the only way out. Also was I supposed to get sound on your splash page? there was a speaker icon but I heard nothing.

Good Work!

Thanks for kind words!

You should see a big "X" icon in the top-right corner of the contact page. If it wasnt there it means something went wrong. When you enter the page it tries to adjust to you screen size but if the browser window have some strange proportions (esp when the resolution is too narrow) it just cuts part of the screen. Thats one of the reasons (except of obvious error) that you cant see the "X" icon. The site will not adjust itself when you resize browser window, only when you first enter (or refresh).

Yes, if you see the speaker icon it means technically that a video is playing in the background. This is html5 video and it can take a moment for the browser to download it. Can you switch the speaker icon ON/OFF or it stuck?

Can you please tell me what browser (and version) did you use and what resolution?

Thanks!
sequence 2 is failing in a a loop.
Plus you should be preloading it.
(2012-11-18, 01:04:34)shawn_a Wrote: sequence 2 is failing in a a loop.
Plus you should be preloading it.

ok, i don't know if i get it right.. you mean the video plays again after it finished? this is good. thats how it supposed to work. the speaker icon is there to disable the audio if you get irritated by it.

there is only one video its just called sequence2

anyway, thanks for the infos!
no its fetching sequence 2 over and over and failing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2012-11-18, 03:40:38)shawn_a Wrote: no its fetching sequence 2 over and over and failing.
oh yes, that thing. well i found this:
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues...?id=157993

it looks like it has something to do with how the mp4 file is encoded (or rather the way it was muxed). chrome keeps sending GET requests but they are hitting the cache once it have the whole mp4 file. that would explain why the video skips so much at first.

i try to re-encode the mp4 to see if that helps.

once more, thanks for your help Smile

EDIT:
i've just re-encoded the mp4 video and it seems Chrome no longer sends the GET requests (only when the video restarts and it get it from cache)
Very awesome job!!
This is very beautiful website, Tomasz. There's so much fantastic defails and the color scheme is easy on the eye. Big Grin
Beautiful site.
I try to look but for me it loads too long.
Thank you all for the kind comments Smile

(2013-02-23, 03:58:55)Riianna Wrote: I try to look but for me it loads too long.

Do you mean you can't go past the loading screen (blue progress bar) or the background video is loading too long? Except for the video there is not much to load there so it should load quite fast.

This of course could be some error on my part too Wink
The initial load does take quite a while. It sits at a blank screen for about 5-10 seconds. After that it does the loading bar for about 3 seconds, then after that it's fine.
Using Firefox 19 on a brand new computer with 8 Cores, 16GB RAM, and high end graphics. 36Mbps internet connection that should really be a bit faster.

Perhaps the initial load was what Riianna was talking about?
you should use cdn for jqeuryui, it takes almost a second to load.
Also if its not used for the preloader, load it in the footer.

you are also loading 3 giant backgrounds.
Actually your site is loading every image on load.
You should use some kind of intelligent loading.
https://www.cloudflare.com/
Should help with the slow load times.
But it's a very large, complex site, so there may not be a way to make it much faster.