Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
(2013-02-15, 08:18:52)wampir Wrote: How i can make to view 3 letter like this Vel 2013 ??

You have to edit news_manager/inc/sidebar.php - around line 38, change this:

PHP Code:
$title nm_get_date('%B %Y'mktime(000$m1$y)); 

by this:

PHP Code:
$title nm_get_date('%b %Y'mktime(000$m1$y)); 

(date formats for strftime)

Note that you'll have to re-do that change when you upgrade the plugin.
Yes work Big Grin
Hi Carlos,
is there a way to show only the Year when we use "nm_list_archives" instead of Month+Year?
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
You mean yearly/annual archives, I suppose. I had it in mind. I'll add a function for that.
Thanks Carlos! It could be simply great!!!! With all these special addons NM should be a native part of GS!

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Can someone explain to me how to modify the css in the News Manager?

There doesn't appear to be a stylesheet.

Thanks.

Don
News Manager uses some predefined classes in posts, that you can style in your css.
See here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=1056 (section CSS)
Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

Don
How can i make "---more---" without Excerpt?

sorry for bad english
This plugin does not (still) have that feature. (And I don't know of any other GS plugin that does.)
How would I go about adding a function to get the most recent one or two post excerpts to include on a sidebar?

I looked into this for awhile and I couldn't find anything, if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
(2013-02-20, 06:41:23)Carlos Wrote: This plugin does not (still) have that feature. (And I don't know of any other GS plugin that does.)
I guess it's not hard to implement. Can you add new tag to make excerpt?
(2013-02-20, 09:53:09)roemhildtg Wrote: How would I go about adding a function to get the most recent one or two post excerpts to include on a sidebar?

I looked into this for awhile and I couldn't find anything, if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Some days ago I posted here about an addon plugin I'm developing for NM (it's in beta, but usable). I hadn't documented it: News Manager Addons plugin

Sorry for the poor docs, I'll update them...
Hi sorry if it has been mentioned before:

The link to the plugin page in plugins section of a GetSimple install still directs to the old version of the plugin. see attachment.
@datiswous

Yes, thank you for reporting. Known issue, it's because the old and new plugins have the same filename (news_manager.php), then Extend returns the same link for both (in this case it's the oldest one, but I think that with some other plugin it happens the opposite).

I'll probably rename the plugin (my updated version) some day to fix this (to newsmanager, news-manager, news_management, or maybe something different)

BTW, more important than the link itself, is that the plugin management page does not tell if there's a new updated version in Extend.
Hi Carlos,
if my NM uses inxex.php to shows all the news,
is there a way in NM to recognize if I clicked on a news or not?
example when I am on a page like this...?
http://www.mysite.com/index.php?post=news

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

(2013-02-21, 05:21:22)D.O. Wrote: is there a way in NM to recognize if I clicked on a news or not?

I'll probably add some helper functions in the future...

In the meantime you could do:
PHP Code:
<?php if (nm_post_title("","",0)) { ?>
... conditional content ...
<?php ?>

(nm_post_title is not intended for this, but it should do the trick...)

EDIT:
Hmm... I don't like this solution, it does an extra file read... Another -quick- way could be:

PHP Code:
<?php if (isset($_GET['post'])) { ?>
<?php ?>
Gracias Hermano,
it works perfectly. I developed your suggestions in this way...

Example: If we've news on the index page and we want to see an animation or a particular text only on the first page, but we don't want it on other pages (included NM archive/post/tag/page section), here's a very elementary solution...

Quote:if (return_page_slug() == 'index') {
if (isset($_GET['post']) == '') {
if (isset($_GET['archive']) == '') {
if (isset($_GET['tag']) == '') {
if (isset($_GET['page']) == '') {
echo get_component('intro'); } } } }
}

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

@D.O. I've made some changes to your code:

PHP Code:
<?php
if ( return_page_slug() == 'index' 

&& !isset($_GET['post'])
    && !isset(
$_GET['archive'])
    && !isset(
$_GET['tag'])
    && !isset(
$_GET['page']) ) {

get_component('intro');
}
?>
Quote:Anyway if you're using News Manager 2.3+, instead of using this plugin you could edit your template to use the new nm_post_title tag. See here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...1#pid31721

Thanks, I'm using version 2.3.2 so it seams I don't need to use the plugin.

Doesn't work, even in Cardinal. Still showing title of page + under that title of posts (+ dates).

This code is in Emerald2 theme now:
Code:
<head>
<title><?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> ...</title>
<?php get_header(); ?>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Abel' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<link href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />
</head>
Cardinal:
Code:
<head>

<!-- Site Title -->
    <title><?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> ...</title>
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/style.css" media="all" />

</head>
I've checked your site and I see it is working.
But you used the example I posted (with "..."). I suppose you want to display the site name after the page/post title, so it could be like:

Code:
<title><?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> - <?php get_site_name(); ?> </title>
Ty Carlos, it's perfect now!

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Hi,

2 questions (note that I'm a complete newbie). Is it possible, and if so can you explain me step by step how to do it:

1) To get some words in the title with each posts. like
- Title1 - Read more
- Title 2 - Read more ....

2) is there a possibility stamp a (javascript) code with each post at the bottom of the post

Thanks
Thomas
1) I don't understand what you mean, sorry. You can select excerpts (with a maximum number of characters) instead of full posts, for the main/archives/etc pages. There's also a way to use exceprts in the recent posts list for the sidebar.

2) Currently you would have to edit the plugin's code (function nm_show_post, inc/site.php)
(2013-03-03, 18:16:00)Carlos Wrote: I've checked your site and I see it is working.
But you used the example I posted (with "..."). I suppose you want to display the site name after the page/post title, so it could be like:

Code:
<title><?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> - <?php get_site_name(); ?> </title>

Hey Carlos,

Maybe I just don't get the function of it. What I want is when the newsmanager shows up on a page, don't show the page-title on the page, only the post-title. But on pages not using the pagemanager, the page title is shown. I thought that was the function of the new template-tag (and the plugin).
Now I see both (with dates). If I rule that out (<!-- -->), the titles of pages wouldn't show up on pages without newsmanager.

Thanks for the support.

Edit1:
btw, I changed the code to this: <title><?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> - <?php get_site_name(); ?> </title> , but no change when I see the pages.

Edit2:
Hey Carlos, maybe you can add links to all the working plugins for newsmanager on both the plugins page and first post in this topic.