Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Imagizer
Zorato Wrote:I'm looking for further feedbacks ... feature requests ...
Thanks for this useful plugin. It works well for me.

Do you have any plans to develop the watermark feature, please? A couple of ideas:
  • Specify the colour, size and position of the watermark (example, 'bottom left', 'centre'; font size)
  • Option to use a graphic file as a watermark image
For the first one, you are already defining many of the variables in simpleimage.php, perhaps they could be made available in a config file, if not in the GUI?
--
Nick.
Excellent plugin - thank you. Would it be possible in future versions to implement a way to add different settings for different folders? Smile
Excellent plugin. With setting Minimum size 160x120 & Maximum size 640x480 he resizes huge photos of almost 4MB to acceptable copies and saves a thumb too. So far I'm very happy.
But when I try to upload an icon (smaller than Minimum settings) it seems that I'll have to do the upload sometimes a second or even thirth time to succeed? Is it just me?
(2012-02-29, 19:29:25)alexd0001 Wrote: Hi,

now when i try to upload files - define('GSNOUPLOADIFY', 1); is active, i got a Server-Error 500 - whats wrong

best regards - alex

this is caused by low memory limit set on server. I had 48M and it's not enought for simpleimage.php, so I've set 128M and everything is working now
Hi, I noticed that even if I have the "Convert images to JPEG format" disabled, my transparent PNG files are still being converted to JPEG's. They still have the PNG extension but a black background is added to any transparent areas for some reason... Has anyone else experienced this? I have this plugin installed on multiple websites and they all have this same problem. I can't upload any files with transparency...

UPDATE - It looks like the author hasn't been back to the forum since August of 2013 - can anyone else shed light on this problem? This really should be part of the GS core.
Hello, i have a little big problem. When i load multiple pictures only the first is resized, the others have the original size. It 's normal?
(2014-09-25, 10:54:34)bensayers Wrote: Hi, I noticed that even if I have the "Convert images to JPEG format" disabled, my transparent PNG files are still being converted to JPEG's. They still have the PNG extension but a black background is added to any transparent areas for some reason... Has anyone else experienced this? I have this plugin installed on multiple websites and they all have this same problem. I can't upload any files with transparency...

UPDATE - It looks like the author hasn't been back to the forum since August of 2013 - can anyone else shed light on this problem? This really should be part of the GS core.
It seems that GD2 library (which is used for resizing) spoils transparency when saving. I'll see what can I do with it, may be there is any additional flag or option to fix that.
P.S. I've received e-mail notification yesterday and though I don't use GS any more, I still do my best to support my plugins.
Thanks for using Imagizer.
(2014-10-18, 22:30:33)pavel9 Wrote: Hello, i have a little big problem. When i load multiple pictures only the first is resized, the others have the original size. It 's normal?
The hook I use to get uploaded file only takes first one. I don't have opportunity to fix that, but I can provide the instructions needed to change this behaviour. Contact me if you are interested in.
I've created repository for imagizer on github:
https://github.com/Zorato/Imagizer
So anyone can open issue or create pull request.
(2014-10-24, 19:20:53)Zorato Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 10:54:34)bensayers Wrote: Hi, I noticed that even if I have the "Convert images to JPEG format" disabled, my transparent PNG files are still being converted to JPEG's. They still have the PNG extension but a black background is added to any transparent areas for some reason... Has anyone else experienced this? I have this plugin installed on multiple websites and they all have this same problem. I can't upload any files with transparency...

It seems that GD2 library (which is used for resizing) spoils transparency when saving. I'll see what can I do with it, may be there is any additional flag or option to fix that.
P.S. I've received e-mail notification yesterday and though I don't use GS any more, I still do my best to support my plugins.
Thanks for using Imagizer.
So, I found the line responsible for saving PNG images and I have a few ideas what's wrong. Unfortunately, I can't test this code. The good news is, that I can give you some instructions so you can test it in your project on your own.
(2014-10-24, 20:05:01)Zorato Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 22:30:33)pavel9 Wrote: Hello, i have a little big problem. When i load multiple pictures only the first is resized, the others have the original size. It 's normal?
The hook I use to get uploaded file only takes first one. I don't have opportunity to fix that, but I can provide the instructions needed to change this behaviour. Contact me if you are interested in.
Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to know if it was the normal functioning ... Thanks
(2014-10-24, 23:03:07)pavel9 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 20:05:01)Zorato Wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to know if it was the normal functioning ... Thanks
Yes, it works as it should.
Here I take uploaded file. You need to check content of $_FILES array, extract uploaded files and wrap the following code in foreach loop.
(2014-10-24, 20:16:51)Zorato Wrote: So, I found the line responsible for saving PNG images and I have a few ideas what's wrong. Unfortunately, I can't test this code. The good news is, that I can give you some instructions so you can test it in your project on your own.

That would be great. I have this plugin installed on every one of my GS websites. Feel free to send along instructions and I'll try it out. Thank you for getting back to me!
(2014-10-25, 01:23:29)bensayers Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 20:16:51)Zorato Wrote: So, I found the line responsible for saving PNG images and I have a few ideas what's wrong. Unfortunately, I can't test this code. The good news is, that I can give you some instructions so you can test it in your project on your own.

That would be great. I have this plugin installed on every one of my GS websites. Feel free to send along instructions and I'll try it out. Thank you for getting back to me!
Ok. So this is what we going to do:
Edit simpleimage.php file in Imagizer folder at line 65:
add following code
PHP Code:
imagealphablending(self::$_imagefalse);
imagesavealpha(self::$_imagetrue); 
before
PHP Code:
imagepng(self::$_image,$filename); 
Lines we inserted were taken from official php.net site.
I hope this will do the thing.
(2014-10-25, 02:56:46)Zorato Wrote: Ok. So this is what we going to do:
Edit simpleimage.php file in Imagizer folder at line 65:
add following code
PHP Code:
imagealphablending(self::$_imagefalse);
imagesavealpha(self::$_imagetrue); 
before
PHP Code:
imagepng(self::$_image,$filename); 
Lines we inserted were taken from official php.net site.
I hope this will do the thing.

YES!! This worked! I had to insert the changes at line 130 though, not 65. Thank you for the quick solution! Will you be updating the plugin in Extend now?
OK, so I've updated Imagizer to version 0.3. There was major code re-factoring and clean-up AND some new features added:
  • Conversion to .jpg (.png transparency will be white-backgrounded)
  • basic watermark support (place watermark.png in Imagizer folder)
  • improved compression
  • PNG resizing bug was fixed.
  • Multiple image handling was tested and is OK.
  • Thumbnail creation enabled.
Bug-reports, opened issues or pull requests on GitHub, advice, suggestions or any other feedbacks are highly appreciated.
P.S. I have a few ideas how to improve watermarking in future releases, if it is useful feature for Imagizer users.
(2014-10-27, 07:47:42)Zorato Wrote: OK, so I've updated Imagizer to version 0.3. There was major code re-factoring and clean-up AND some new features added:
  • improved compression
Bug-reports, opened issues or pull requests on GitHub, advice, suggestions or any other feedbacks are highly appreciated.
P.S. I have a few ideas how to improve watermarking in future releases, if it is useful feature for Imagizer users.
Hello, when i activate the plugin backend is empty!
(2014-10-29, 21:42:38)pavel9 Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 07:47:42)Zorato Wrote: OK, so I've updated Imagizer to version 0.3. There was major code re-factoring and clean-up AND some new features added:
  • improved compression

To solve this edit settings_viewer.php line 8, change:
<?endif?>
in
<?php endif; ?>

A new small issue:
When i load multiple image with uploadify enabled, multiple resize not work.
With standard upload (flash plugin required) it works nice.
(2014-10-30, 01:00:02)pavel9 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 21:42:38)pavel9 Wrote:
  • improved compression

To solve this edit settings_viewer.php line 8, change:
<?endif?>
in
<?php endif; ?>

A new small issue:
When i load multiple image with uploadify enabled, multiple resize not work.
With standard upload (flash plugin required) it works nice.
I released 1.0 version with these 2 fixes.
Love this plugin. Always use it.

Recently I needed to exclude an image from resizing, eg I wanted to link to a massive hi res image. I had to ftp it to another location and manually edit the link. Not a big issue I know but I presume it would be easy to exclude resizing from a folder of a given name, so say data/uploads/fullsize can have full size images.
(2014-10-31, 22:11:40)Timbow Wrote: Love this plugin. Always use it.

Recently I needed to exclude an image from resizing, eg I wanted to link to a massive hi res image. I had to ftp it to another location and manually edit the link. Not a big issue I know but I presume it would be easy to exclude resizing from a folder of a given name, so say data/uploads/fullsize can have full size images.

Thanks for your feedback. I don't think this feature will be implemented soon. I advice you to disable Imagizer in plugins tab before uploading high resolution images and re-enable after.
Great job! Is an essential plugin! Thanks Zorato
Timbow's comment could be mine "Love this plugin. Always use it." And I was also looking for a solution to upload high resolution photos with this plugin.
Sites today have have photo backgrounds or even full screen photo sliders. Therefore you have to have bigger photos than the standard

Disabling Imagizer is the only solution left.
(2014-10-31, 22:11:40)Timbow Wrote: Love this plugin. Always use it.

A quick patch, for version 1.0

Edit Imagizer.php, find this (line 26):
Code:
function imagizer_handle(){

Just after that (in line 27), insert this:
Code:
if (defined('IMAGIZEREXCLUDE') && isset($_POST['path']) && (trim($_POST['path'],'/') == trim(IMAGIZEREXCLUDE,'/'))) return;

And now in gsconfig.php you can specify the subfolder (relative to data/uploads) you want to exclude from resizing, like this:
Code:
define('IMAGIZEREXCLUDE','fullsize');
lovely, excellent, wonderful. A great plugin made even better. That's just what I needed.