Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CleanBlogGh
Hi tempUser,

this looks very good now, thank you very much! Smile 

Now I have another question:
I need to use different fonts on my site than the original theme. And I use webfonts hosted on my own site, not via Google.

Do you know an easy way to change fonts without changing your original css file (too much)? Perhaps with a kind of child css file - which would survive theme updates in the future?

I know how to embed self-hosted font files and I know the planned sizes of the fonts. I just search for a non-invasive way to tell Getsimple not to use the original CSS file in the font question - or to override it or something like that.

In my old theme I changed the theme's style.css directly, which is always dangerous when the theme is updated.

Hypertexter
(2017-09-21, 01:11:41)Hypertexter Wrote: Hi tempUser,

Now I have another question:
I need to use different fonts on my site than the original theme. And I use webfonts hosted on my own site, not via Google.

Hypertexter

Hello, 

I upload a new version of theme.
Now you can insert custom CSS and custom JS (like analitics and co.)
How?

Custom css: the method is similar to what adds the contact-icons to the bottom of the site
  • the method is similar to adding social icons to the bottom of the site as described on this page link here
  • in this case the component to be added must be called "cbg-custom-css"
  • Inside the component enter the css code directly (see example below)
  • Once you insert the css, save the component. That's all!
[Image: custom_css_1.jpg]

Custom js: works exactly the same as the previous case
  • the method is similar to adding social icons to the bottom of the site as described on this page link here
  • in this case the component to be added must be called "cbg-custom-js"
  • Inside the component enter the JS code also entering the <script> tag (see example below)
  • Once you insert the js, save the component. That's all!
(example that includes the code for google analytics)
[Image: cusom_js_1.jpg]

I hope I have explained it correctly Smile
Hi tempUser,

wow, using components seems to be a brilliant way to add css.  Idea

I will try that.
Thank you very much for all of your labours and ideas!

Hypertexter
Hey tempUser,

Thanks for the theme, I really like it and I'm thinking of using it for my portfolio website.

There's just one thing I'm not too happy about and I'd like to know if there's a way to deal with it. Is there a way to make the content on pages without sidebar as wide as it is with the sidebar? I only need to use the sidebar for the Blog portion of my site, but for all the other pages, the empty space to the sides looks a bit weird...

Hm, I fiddled around with it a bit, but so far haven't really gotten anywhere, so I'd be happy for your input.

Edit: Oh, never mind, I found it.

Thanks again.
Hm, so I figured out how to make it wider, but I'm completely lost with the mini script to display different Header pictures for different pages. I can get it to work with one default picture and an alternative one, but when I try adding more, it never works. Could you please tell me how to add more pictures?
i really like this theme, thanks for sharing it!
(2017-11-23, 04:50:06)der Warst Wrote: Hm, so I figured out how to make it wider, but I'm completely lost with the mini script to display different Header pictures for different pages. I can get it to work with one default picture and an alternative one, but when I try adding more, it never works. Could you please tell me how to add more pictures?

Hello =)

Thanks for use my theme.

I create a tool for setup background image for every page (up to 10 configuration). Can you try it? thanks Smile
Tool:
http://fenixlm.altervista.org/bg-code-generator
Thanks.
This is working nicely.
Great job and really easy and clean thing.
BUT! When I scroll page down, the sticky menu goes behind the top and only appear when scrolling is reverse... Is it a design or bug?
(2018-04-11, 00:21:29)kaavain Wrote: BUT! When I scroll page down, the sticky menu goes behind the top and only appear when scrolling is reverse... Is it a design or bug?

I think this is by design. You see this on a lot of websites nowadays. I'm not fan of it eather