Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support for multilanguage sites, Internationalization (I18N)
I have a request if I may.

When editing and saving a default language page, I'd like the plugin to update the template CData for all the offspring language pages' xml's. Where currently they all get saved as the default template regardless of what they will eventually show when viewed on the site.

I ask because any plugins that want to access the template section of the xml will report the wrong template if the original file was not set to the default.

Thank you!
why when moving through the pages of the language is
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=#p8812
The specified thread does not exist.
Hello oleg06, the problem is that all the links changed when we switched forum software. We made a redirect st the old one that works perfectly if you try to visit a post. However, it does not allow you to go a specific post or else it gives an error.
Hi,

I am building an english/spanish site but I didn't activate fancy urls because I'm using IIS in my local machine.

I get some warnings in sitemap generation sitemap.class.php because urls contains, for e.g., the "&lang=en" text and incorrectly interprets the ampersand as an invalid entity.

So I had added $pageLoc = htmlspecialchars($pageLoc); before the // set <lastmod> line.

Best regards,
Mauro.
Hi, I have an issue I think related to i18n_navigation because it modifies the standard getsimple menu ordering.

My site is english/spanish (default:english) When I create a new page (not a copy to build the spanish version), the menu items are alphabetically reordered and I have to resort them.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mauro.
Could you please add a 'first' & 'last' classes for a menu items. Hardcoding isn't good, but I need to do this almost each time I use this plugin.
in CSS is a pseudoclass :first-child and :last-child
hi folks,

thanks for this really nice plugin. I think it is very useful to have hirarchical menus and I like the drag-and-drop like menu-ordering, and therefore this plugin is essential for me to use Getsimple.
I am just wondering, if this plugin could also "fix" another issue, in the Getsimple CMS:
i think with this plugin, we could get rid of the separation between page-management and menu-management. in the current i18l-version the menu-management already contains ALL sites (but not-shown sites are greyed) and visibility and position can be edited with one click, unlike in GS only "menu-visible"-pages are shown, and you have to turn on visibility in the options of every single site.

my "dream" is to have only one button "manage sites", here i tried to illustrate:

• the filter field appears only in list-mode (the image shows the "hirarchical mode")
  • in the list mode menu-options (but "toggle menu-visibility") and drag-and-drop are not possible
  • options can be hidden with button (denoted by gray box)
  • klick on menu-name changes it (as it is now)
  • language-links appear for the existing languages of a page, klick on them to edit page. in this view you see the page-title and menu-title only in the "preferred language". to alter it in another language you have to edit the page (-options)
  • im not shure, if hiding the siblings of an item (and therefore the button "show top pages only") makes sense, with the current drag-and-drop-action. i think in this case a page would have to move with all its siblings, when drag-and-dropped
  • maybe Icons would be better than "# X P M < >" ??

what do you think of this idea? and do you think, this is possible?

greets y
Hi, I am new to I18N and GetSimple as well.

But here is my problem

I can't make I18N to set current page's navbar link to "current" class.
So there's no indication on which page you actually are.
It does work when I18N is deactivated.
Is there any way to do to hide the tag <ul> if there are no links?
Code:
<?php if ($function) { ?>
  <ul><?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),1,99); ?></ul>
  <?php } ?>

as is done here
Code:
<?php if ($showLanguage) { ?>
  <span class="search-entry-language"><?php get_special_field('language'); ?></span>
  <?php } ?>
(2013-01-10, 05:14:37)Oleg06 Wrote: Is there any way to do to hide the tag <ul> if there are no links?

See here.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
you always surprise me
can anything be done to show the classes current or currentpatch
Code:
<ul class="menu">
                            <?php
  $bc = return_i18n_breadcrumbs(return_page_slug());
  get_i18n_navigation($bc[0]['url']=='page-slug'?return_page_slug():'navesy',1,99,I18N_SHOW_MENU, 'menu');
?>
                        </ul>
</li>
heh i wish there was simple templates for all the scenarios.
It gets confusing fast, heh.

I wound up at one point having 3 different menus on my site pages, each one with a different heirarchy.
and multiple levels of highlighting, highlight each parent, highlight page.

lol
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hello,

My site is multilanguage (4 languages), but I can't fix one problem.
In main menu (version PL) I have 7 positions. Other 3 versions must be build only 6 positions. I did't add this one position in other versions but I see it all the time. Why ? Undecided

Sorry for my bad english Smile
I am interested in using I18N for multilevel, drop-down (pulldown) menus without the left-side menu. There is no example on the demo site for more than one level of drop-downs. When one of the second-level choices has a child menu associated with it, how will the second drop-down be rendered?

...lee
(2013-01-13, 02:23:38)leestwise Wrote: I am interested in using I18N for multilevel, drop-down (pulldown) menus without the left-side menu. There is no example on the demo site for more than one level of drop-downs. When one of the second-level choices has a child menu associated with it, how will the second drop-down be rendered?

This is a pure css issue. Please search for "multilevel pure css dropdown menu" on google (or e.g. get the appropiate css styles from http://purecssmenu.com/). You might need to adjust the classes/ids in the css rules.

(2013-01-11, 23:39:54)artfresh.pl Wrote: My site is multilanguage (4 languages), but I can't fix one problem.
In main menu (version PL) I have 7 positions. Other 3 versions must be build only 6 positions. I did't add this one position in other versions but I see it all the time. Why ? Undecided

Use I18N_SHOW_LANGUAGE as 4th parameter of get_i18n_navigation().
See here for more details.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2013-01-13, 02:45:38)mvlcek Wrote: Use I18N_SHOW_LANGUAGE as 4th parameter of get_i18n_navigation().
See here for more details.

Thank You very much for information. I missed that part of script Blush
Thank you for this great work!
I have three langs on my website, and the default language is russian. But now I want to change the default language to English, so that when anyone opens the website via www.mysite.com he will be redirected to www.mysite.com/index.php?setlang=en
I've tried to change
Code:
'I18N_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 'en'
and even settings in .htaccess, like

Code:
RewriteBase /?setlang=en

But still, the default page is russian. Can you help, please? Thank you!
(2013-01-15, 01:15:46)0zz Wrote: Thank you for this great work!
I have three langs on my website, and the default language is russian. But now I want to change the default language to English, so that when anyone opens the website via www.mysite.com he will be redirected to www.mysite.com/index.php?setlang=en

Unfortunately changing the default language is not easy. The option in the administration is just meant to specify, which language the pages with no _xx suffix are in. If you change it, you just say that those pages are in english (but of course they are still in russian).

You would need to rename all russian page files from <slug>.xml to <slug>_ru.xml, then all english files from <slug>_en.xml to <slug>.xml (without suffix). Then you need to adjust the <url>xxxx</url> in each of those files to reflect the filename. Finally you can switch the language in the administration.
(2013-01-15, 01:33:38)mvlcek Wrote: Unfortunately changing the default language is not easy.
I see.. But maybe it can be easier to set the default start page to "mysite.com/index.php?setlang=en" ?? via .htaccess, for example? This is a working option..

as for you suggestion.. I have over 30 pages of each lang, so it's doable.
Is there anything else I should keep in mind when I start changing??

(2013-01-15, 01:33:38)mvlcek Wrote: Unfortunately changing the default language is not easy.
I see.. But maybe it can be easier to set the default start page to "mysite.com/index.php?setlang=en" ?? via .htaccess, for example? This is a working option..

as for you suggestion.. I have over 30 pages of each lang, so it's doable.
Is there anything else I should keep in mind when I start changing??
Hello
I installed GetSimple today for the first time, and I am testing it. I want to do an Italian/English site, and I followed the rule of adding _it to the name, when creating the pages. All is well, I get to switch between italian and english, I see the menus in each language, and the main page also. But as soon as I click on one of the menu items, everything switches back to the english version. While I can go directly to the url of the italian page, and can display the page
An idea of what I did wrong ?
Thank you

[edit] it seems my problem came from a wrong Web site URL in settings. I had put http://locahost/GetSimple
When I changed to http://MyMachine/GetSimple all works perfectly.
I have a problem with navigation links.
I had a site in my domain.com/new folder.
Then I moved content of the /new folder to main root folder of the domain.
But now my links are all domain.com/new, only on homepage they are ok.
I changed my website URL in GetSimple settings, ofc.
I tried to clear cache and but that didn't help.
(2013-01-23, 06:35:46)rakoczyn Wrote: I have a problem with navigation links.
I had a site in my domain.com/new folder.
Then I moved content of the /new folder to main root folder of the domain.
But now my links are all domain.com/new, only on homepage they are ok.
I changed my website URL in GetSimple settings, ofc.
I tried to clear cache and but that didn't help.

I18N keeps a cache of the page data (recreated whenever a page is saved), but the menu links are always created using the current website URL.
This must be either your webserver, a proxy or your browser caching the pages...