Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support for multilanguage sites, Internationalization (I18N)
(2014-06-20, 23:37:02)mvlcek Wrote: The I18N plugin will always show the pages in the order they are arranged. So you would have to manually order the pages.

Got it, thanks! Of course, I can manually rearrange all the pages, but there are over 90 of them by this moment Sad( Thank you anyway!
Is it possible to have multi language URLs as sub domains?

domain.com (english)
fr.domain.com
de.domain.com

Is it possible to translate the html lang tag in the template header?

I don't understand the technical reasons but it is too bad that it is difficult to translate slugs with GetSimple. As it stands, GS does not have complete i18n capability.
I have a problem.. After installing I18N I can't go to admin. After login it redirect to /admin/pages.php and stuck with white screen coz the default page is now at: /admin/load.php?id=i18n_base
if I type this I get to admin and all other links work....
what am doing wrong?
After installing I18N I can't go to admin. After login it redirect to /admin/pages.php and stuck with white screen coz the default page is now at: /admin/load.php?id=i18n_base
if I type this I get to admin and all other links work....
If I uninstall i18N everything work again...
I also installet GSBlog 3.2 it work.

Problem only how it redirects from admin ater login...

fancy URL is ON

Maybe I need to modify .Httacess?

Here how it looks now:

RewriteRule sitemap\.xml sitemap.php?
RewriteRule rss\.xml rss.php?
RewriteRule ^([^/]*)/index\.html$ /index.php?&category=$1 [L]
RewriteRule categorie/index\.htm$ /index.php?&categorylist=true [L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*)/([^/]*)\.html$ /index.php?&url=$2&sys_category=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*)/([^/]*)\.htm$ /index.php?&blog=$2 [L]
ErrorDocument 404 /notfound.php

RewriteRule ^blog/post/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&post=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/tag/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&tag=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/page/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&page=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/archive/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&archive=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/category/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&category=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
(2014-08-06, 00:04:44)akd Wrote: After installing I18N I can't go to admin. After login it redirect to /admin/pages.php and stuck with white screen coz the default page is now at: /admin/load.php?id=i18n_base

The redirect is how it should work. However, there should not be a white screen. Is there an error message, when you switch on debugging?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2014-08-06, 02:01:26)mvlcek Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 00:04:44)akd Wrote: After installing I18N I can't go to admin. After login it redirect to /admin/pages.php and stuck with white screen coz the default page is now at: /admin/load.php?id=i18n_base

The redirect is how it should work. However, there should not be a white screen. Is there an error message, when you switch on debugging?

here is errors after login screen:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/lang/en_US.php:2) in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/lang/en_US.php:2) in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/lang/en_US.php:2) in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/i18n_base/backend.class.php on line 7
well now that I see first error. I deactivate GS Blog plugin and problem with redirect disappear....
Mean that is problem with GS Blog plugin.... Now what I do with GS Blog to make it work? together with I18N?
Weird arranging happening in the 'Edit Navigation Structure'

I have the plugin installed and using the multi-nav but when I go to manually arrange the navigation, I hit save and the menu items switch up by one. Not sure what is going on.
No one has experienced this with the il8n plugin installed? Weird. On all of the 3 sites I have built with this plugin and GS. It does behave this way.
(2014-08-13, 00:42:01)lnickel Wrote: No one has experienced this with the il8n plugin installed? Weird. On all of the 3 sites I have built with this plugin and GS. It does behave this way.

Edit. Nevermind. I have this working. Sorry about the post.
(2014-08-13, 00:55:35)lnickel Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 00:42:01)lnickel Wrote: No one has experienced this with the il8n plugin installed? Weird. On all of the 3 sites I have built with this plugin and GS. It does behave this way.

What was the problem?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2014-08-13, 05:08:14)mvlcek Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 00:55:35)lnickel Wrote:

What was the problem?

Somehow the navigation structure was not holding when I hit save in the 'edit navigation structure' area. I realized that indeed it would not work because I completely customized my navigation. I private messaged you what I did. Sorry again!!
different language in I18N and different links.. like example

english: home | gallery | contact
structure of urls:
pageurl.com/home
pageurl.com/gallery
pageurl.com/contact

the same page in other language:
pageurl.com/pl/start
pageurl.com/pl/galeria
pageurl.com/pl/kontakt

have someone idea how to do it in other language's?
topic was raised many times .. but without any effect. any of the developers have an idea how to rewrite links?
user plugin: scroll to top
Hello,
I really need help. When I activate I18N Navigation plugin I have error message

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'link' (T_STRING) in /data/web/virtuals/80186/virtual/www/subdom/dev/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 390

This message is on front end and also when I try to edit page in administration.

Version I18N 3.2.8 and GetSimple 3.3.3
Really thanks for help
(2014-08-31, 01:52:45)xxdex Wrote: different language in I18N and different links.. like example

english: home | gallery | contact
structure of urls:
pageurl.com/home
pageurl.com/gallery
pageurl.com/contact

the same page in other language:
pageurl.com/pl/start
pageurl.com/pl/galeria
pageurl.com/pl/kontakt

have someone idea how to do it in other language's?
topic was raised many times .. but without any effect. any of the developers have an idea how to rewrite links?

Not sure you solved this but you can use %language%/%parent%/%slug%/ in "Custom Permalink Structure" in settings
The I18N plugin doesn't let other plugins (like News Manager 3.0) add their own entries to the Sitemap.

A possible quick patch:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid47765
Note about the patch above - it can make News Manager generate bad URLs for its posts in the Sitemap if you use a permalnk structure like %parent%/%slug% (without trailing slash). This will be fixed after NM 3.0
Hi,

I've found another bug on "Edit Navigation Structure".
On Safari 5.1 browser when dragging element the placeholder do not fill space where dragged item was originally.

To fix replace from 396 line in i18n_navigation/structure.php file, from this:
PHP Code:
$('#editnav tbody').sortable({

items:"tr"handle:'td',

update:drop
}); 

to this:
PHP Code:
$('#editnav tbody').sortable({

items:"tr"handle:'td',

placeholder: {

element: function(currentItem) {
         return $(
'<tr></tr>').height(currentItem.outerHeight() + 'px')[0];
      },

update: function(containerp) {
          return;
      }
   },

update:drop
}); 
http://flexphperia.net - my portfolio
Hi,

I am setting up a multi language site but I really want the correct page name of each translated page in the url in stead of the English page slug with the right country code before it.
So we would like to have this kind of urls:

newsite.com/en/activities
newsite.com/fr/activites
newsite.com/es/activitdades
newsite.com/it/attivita
newsite.com/nl/activiteiten

in stead of:

newsite.com/fr/activities
newsite.com/es/activities
newsite.com/it/activities
newsite.com/nl/activities

Is this possible? Hopefully someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance!
(2014-10-09, 03:40:56)barthusz Wrote: Hi,

I am setting up a multi language site but I really want the correct page name of each translated page in the url in stead of the English page slug with the right country code before it.
Is this possible?

No, I18N does not support this.
(2014-10-09, 03:40:56)barthusz Wrote: Hi,

So we would like to have this kind of urls:

newsite.com/fr/activites
newsite.com/es/activitdades
newsite.com/it/attivita
newsite.com/nl/activiteiten

in stead of:

newsite.com/fr/activities
newsite.com/es/activities
newsite.com/it/activities
newsite.com/nl/activities

Is this possible? Hopefully someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance!

I do not want this place to advertise other plugins .. because i18n is GREAT and AWESOME!
but if you're looking for individual url, you can try to use:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5094

the only option which is missing in the i18n is assign custom url for different languages ​​and different layout in the back-end for multiple language versions (some language versions side by side 4-5 is tough with a large number of pages)
user plugin: scroll to top
Hi there,

I got a problem for one of my customers and could trace it back to the i18n navigation somehow. I think it's maybe related to some server settings/issues which will affect something within the i18n navigation function getPageStructureImpl .

Problem:
No page can be edited or even opened in administration/backend. It's loading for 60 seconds, getting a timeout and therefore is only displaying the header part of the edit page (title and options). No other details or even a submit button/the rest of the form/page.

What I've investigated so far:
Provider has enabled PHP Fast CGI mode, which has been deactivated already.
I am not able to get any information about the Apache version (not asked the support yet as they are very...let's say harsh and it's hard to get any information or anything changed at all), but it seems to be an Apache 2.4.
As far as I could get this (limited to my spare knowledge of the differences between 2.2 and 2.4), this is causing some problems with GS itself and especially the htaccess files used for almost every part here.
I've already tried to change some (not all, but the necessary ones) htaccess files to match the new structure, but it's not working at all.
But for my feeling besides that, there must be any other point causing these issues. Missing module(s) or something else, which is not shown in any log file.

I am not sure where to go from here, the only thing I can see from the GS error log is:
Code:
[09-Oct-2014 16:01:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: title in /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/site1/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 134
[09-Oct-2014 16:01:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: menu in /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/site1/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 135
[09-Oct-2014 16:01:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: menuStatus in /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/site1/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 141
[09-Oct-2014 16:01:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: parent in /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/site1/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 143
[09-Oct-2014 16:01:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/***/site1/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 129

A second side effect is that the log file is getting freaking big and is almost exceeding the quota limit for this server...

Is there anyone out there how maybe has any clue or idea? Maybe mvlcek? :-)

Help would really be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ben
you can start by upgrading GS, some of these things are fixed, namely 2.4 htaccess support and GSSUPRESSERRORS
Also my guess is it is trying to get a parent pages fields and that page is missing, but one would have to look at the code.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Ah Shawn...you are totally right.
I did upgrade to 3.3.3 yesterday but missed out the htaccess files. This is my bad, sorry to bother you with these newbie, self-created issues.

I've not uploaded the files yet and will give an update once done.

Besides: the error is coming up for every page, regardless if it's a parent or child.

//Edit
Uploaded all htaccess files with 2.4 support but it's still not working.
GS error log is empty, http error log says chmod error from admin/template/style.php and as far as I can see chmod is set to 755 for data etc. Maybe it's related to the owner, but there is no option/possibility for chown by this fu***** provider...
If I'm disabling i18n base and navigation plugin it's working fine though.
So I think some code digging would be nice.
Well you can give us the version and we can look into the line numbers in that error. Also check health check
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix