Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support for multilanguage sites, Internationalization (I18N)
I tried on 4 different browsers so that's not the case.
I also tried on my smartphone via HSDPA so that covers proxy.
So only webserver is left to check, however I have no access to any configuration of it whatsoever Sad

Are you sure there's nothing more I can do from my side?
(2013-01-23, 06:58:50)rakoczyn Wrote: I tried on 4 different browsers so that's not the case.
So only webserver is left to check, however I have no access to any configuration of it whatsoever Sad

If you post the website link or send it to me by PM, I can take a look at it...

(2013-01-23, 06:58:50)rakoczyn Wrote: I tried on 4 different browsers so that's not the case.

The only thing I can think of is that you didn't update your .htaccess file and still have redirects to /new/... and thus are still using your old site in /new except for the home page.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2013-01-23, 06:52:31)mvlcek Wrote: The only thing I can think of is that you didn't update your .htaccess file and still have redirects to /new/... and thus are still using your old site in /new except for the home page.

Yep, that did the trick.
Big thanks!
Bug 
Hi all!

Please help me! I have a code
Code:
<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),1,10,I18N_FILTER_CURRENT) ?>
in my sidebar, but it displays parents also.
There are multi level structure, like
Code:
Main » Page » Subpage » Sub-sub » Sub3
How can I display siblings only?
I mean when I am on the page "Sub3" I want to display it's siblings without parents.

[Image: ba6d793899693875fd6d0b30796af4e9c5dc3808.jpeg]

Thanks for your help!

UPD: Sorry, siblings and children too, but no parents Smile
(2013-01-27, 01:57:44)artmaxi Wrote: Please help me! I have a code
Code:
Code:
I mean when I am on the page "Sub3" I want to display it's siblings without parents.

You need to set the second parameter depending on the current menu level:
Code:
<?php
  $bc = return_i18n_breadcrumbs(return_page_slug());
  if (count($bc) > 1) {
    # don't display anything if current page is on top level
    get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),count($bc)-1,10,I18N_FILTER_CURRENT);
  }
?>
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2013-01-27, 02:37:12)mvlcek Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 01:57:44)artmaxi Wrote: Please help me! I have a code
Code:
Code:

You need to set the second parameter depending on the current menu level:
Code:
<?php
  if (count($bc) > 1) {
    # don't display anything if current page is on top level
    get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),count($bc)-1,10,I18N_FILTER_CURRENT)
  }
?>

Now it displays nothing
(2013-01-27, 02:48:48)artmaxi Wrote: Now it displays nothing

Maybe you rather want
Code:
<?php
  get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(), count($bc) > 1 ? count($bc)-1 : 1, 10, I18N_FILTER_CURRENT);
?>
Please see the documentation (including sub pages).
(2013-01-27, 03:04:10)mvlcek Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 02:48:48)artmaxi Wrote: Now it displays nothing

Maybe you rather want
Code:
<?php
  get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(), count($bc) > 1 ? count($bc)-1 : 1, 10, I18N_FILTER_CURRENT);
?>
Please see the documentation (including sub pages).

Ya, it works for me, thanks a lot!
One more question. Is there some correct way to disable <a title="..." fields without editing of plugin's source code?
(2013-01-27, 08:44:01)artmaxi Wrote: One more question. Is there some correct way to disable <a title="..." fields without editing of plugin's source code?

If your menu displays the page titles, make sure to specify I18N_OUTPUT_TITLE in the 4th parameter to get_i18n_navigation (e.g. I18N_FILTER_MENU | I18N_FILTER_CURRENT | I18N_OUTPUT_TITLE - this will avoid the title attributes.

Otherwise, if your menu texts differ from the page title, you should use custom rendering (the example on that page does not add the title attribute).
(2013-01-27, 09:29:48)mvlcek Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 08:44:01)artmaxi Wrote: One more question. Is there some correct way to disable <a title="..." fields without editing of plugin's source code?

If your menu displays the page titles, make sure to specify I18N_OUTPUT_TITLE in the 4th parameter to get_i18n_navigation (e.g. I18N_FILTER_MENU | I18N_FILTER_CURRENT | I18N_OUTPUT_TITLE - this will avoid the title attributes.

Otherwise, if your menu texts differ from the page title, you should use custom rendering (the example on that page does not add the title attribute).

Thank you!
Hello,

Am unable to get the drop down menu working using i18n navigation plugin. The child menus are shown always but I wanted it to be shown on hover.

For unknown reasons am unable to visit the site http://mvlcek.bplaced.net for documentation. Wonder if am missing the necessary css?? Using default Cardinal theme.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
(2013-01-27, 22:15:42)pacchiee Wrote: Am unable to get the drop down menu working using i18n navigation plugin. The child menus are shown always but I wanted it to be shown on hover.

For unknown reasons am unable to visit the site http://mvlcek.bplaced.net for documentation. Wonder if am missing the necessary css?? Using default Cardinal theme.

Yes, you have to create the appropriate CSS rules yourself in your style sheet.
Assuming you include the navigation like this:
Code:
<div class="sitemenu">
      <ul><?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,1,I18N_SHOW_MENU); ?></ul>
    </div>
the CSS might look approximately like this:
Code:
.sitemenu { position:relative; height: 1.4em; }
.sitemenu ul { position:absolute; list-style: none; }
.sitemenu li { float:left; }
.sitemenu li ul { display:none; }
.sitemenu li:hover ul { display:block; }
.sitemenu li.current > a { font-weight:800; }
.sitemenu li.currentpath > a { font-weight:800; }
See also here (this site uses free hosting and might be slow/not available at some times).
Yeah my workplace blocks his site as well. bplaced must be known for hosting malicious stuff.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-01-28, 00:38:24)mvlcek Wrote: See also here (this site uses free hosting and might be slow/not available at some times).

It would be great if you can make the complete documentation available somewhere in the official GS Wiki, so that users who cannot access your website http://mvlcek.bplaced.net can always refer to the documentation available on GS Wiki.

Please think over.

Thank you!
Dear author, how to disable all lang links?

PHP Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'news','words'=>' ',

'max'=>10,'numWords'=>38,'HEADER'=>null,'DATE_FORMAT'=>'%A, %d.%m.%y')); ?>

Here is my code. How to disable ?lang=ru adding? Thanks!
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'news', 'DATE_FORMAT'=>'%A, %d.%m.%Y', 'max'=>10, 'i18n'=>0, 'lang'=>'ru', 'numWords'=>'38', 'order'=>'created','showPaging'=>1,'HEADER'=>'')); ?>
(2013-01-31, 04:29:14)Oleg06 Wrote:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'news', 'DATE_FORMAT'=>'%A, %d.%m.%Y', 'max'=>10, 'i18n'=>0, 'lang'=>'ru', 'numWords'=>'38', 'order'=>'created','showPaging'=>1,'HEADER'=>'')); ?>

Nothing happened, ?lang=ru is still present
а в настройках плагина I18nSearch ты галочку убрал?
(2013-01-31, 19:10:33)Oleg06 Wrote: а в настройках плагина I18nSearch ты галочку убрал?

Не была убрана, сейчас убрал и нифига, все по-прежнему.
I'm having a bit of a strange bug that I can't find any one reference.
I was using I1N8 successfully, but now with the "Edit Navigation Structure" it wont let me drag and drop to re-order the nav. Also in the "View All Pages (I18N)" parent pages won't open when clicking the plus to get to the sub pages. When I click anything the page reloads with a "#" at the end.

I've tried different browsers, I've tried a clean install of get-simple and the plug ins. The only other plug in I'm using is i18n_customfields.

Any ideas on what it might be or what I can try?
(2013-02-01, 23:15:50)elkcreative Wrote: I'm having a bit of a strange bug that I can't find any one reference.
I was using I1N8 successfully, but now with the "Edit Navigation Structure" it wont let me drag and drop to re-order the nav. Also in the "View All Pages (I18N)" parent pages won't open when clicking the plus to get to the sub pages. When I click anything the page reloads with a "#" at the end.

Which version of GS do you use?
Are there Javascript errors? e.g. check with Firefox + Web Developer addon.
Get simple version is: 3.1.2 on cpanel hosting.

Firefox error console shows this error:
Error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
Source File: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqu...js?v=1.7.1
Line: 2
(2013-02-01, 23:53:43)elkcreative Wrote: Get simple version is: 3.1.2 on cpanel hosting.

Firefox error console shows this error:
Source File: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqu...js?v=1.7.1

There are no ajax call in the plugin nor in GS (except deleting a page).
Try uncommenting the following in gsconfig.php to load local scripts:
Code:
define("GSNOCDN",true);
(2013-02-02, 00:55:04)mvlcek Wrote: There are no ajax call in the plugin nor in GS (except deleting a page).
Try uncommenting the following in gsconfig.php to load local scripts:
Code:
define("GSNOCDN",true);

Now I have the following error, which looks like the same error but local?:
Timestamp: 2/02/13 1:29:55 AM
Source File: http://www.ebsheritage.com.au/admin/temp...js?v=1.7.1

Sorry to be a pain. Just has me stumped.